𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗼 𝗗𝗮𝗱 101 || 𝖥𝖺𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋! 𝖲𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗆𝗈𝗎𝖼𝗁𝖾

𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗗 101 - 𝖲𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗆𝗈𝗎𝖼𝗁𝖾 -

𝗛𝗢𝗪 𝗧𝗢 𝗗𝗔𝗗 101
- 𝖲𝖼𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗆𝗈𝗎𝖼𝗁𝖾 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"WAIT.. YOU'RE PREG... NANT?"

You nodded with a small smile, not knowing how Scaramouche would react to the life-changing news. Sure you had been married for about three years now and you told him how much you wanted to start a family, but he just couldn't believe it. Like any new parent would.
You stood quietly, awaiting his response but after he didn't speak for a whole minute, you stepped forward to talk.

"Isn't it.. exciting? We're gonna have a baby!"

In all honesty, Scaramouche didn't want a baby as much as you did but he had seen it coming at some point while being married to you. He opened his mouth but hesitated after seeing your sparkling eyes. You had always wanted to start a family and he wanted to make you happy.

"That's.. great news." He smiled softly, his heart throbbing with joy after seeing you light up with happiness at his response. Immediately you threw yourself onto him, wrapping your arms tightly around his waist and giggling uncontrollably. Who would have thought a man like Scaramouche would ever consider having kids? No one for sure, not even the guy himself. Hopefully it wouldn't be too difficult to take care of a baby right?

"Mucci! Could you please come here for a second?!" You yelled from the kitchen and your husband got up from reading to meet you. "Yes (Y/n)?" He echoed back once he reached the kitchen, spotting you washing the dishes whilst carrying your son. His eyes widened at the sight. Why would you be washing the dishes him while carrying the baby? It almost worried him to death.

"Could you please take Lei for a second?"

Scaramouche took Lei from your arms quite hesitantly and you noticed it. You knew he was unsure on how to properly hold the baby and the fact that Lei was so small and nimble always had him on edge. "You okay?" You asked, glancing over your shoulder for a brief moment.

He let out a defeated sigh while carefully repositioning Lei in his arms. "Yes, I'm.. fine." He hesitated when he looked at Lei. He didn't know how to interact with a baby and how to take care of one. Naturally, any parent would be the same but for someone like Scaramouche things just got more nerve-wrecking than he'd hoped.

Though he wished he could help more, he just didn't know where to begin. "Do you need anything done?" Scaramouche stepped back when his eyes found the bottle of milk sitting on the dining table. You had prepared it before washing the dishes in hopes your husband would volunteer to do it.

"Well, I already prepared his milk bottle so while I finish up could you feed it to him?" It sounded more like an order rather than a request but Scaramouche accepted anyway.

He didn't want to ask anymore questions than he already had ever since Lei was born and took the bottle, removing the cap and slowly leading it to his son. Luckily for him, you were understanding and really patient with his lack in knowledge for taking care of kids so he wasn't too worried about irritating you.

"Thank you, Mucci." A soft chuckle emitted from you and it made Scaramouche smile. A little praise from you always got his heart to skip a beat.

He held the bottle for Lei as his small fingers attempted to carry the bottle alone. At this moment in time, he wanted to try. He wanted to improve himself to become a better father for his kid no matter how stressful it was for him.

"I-isnt it good?" He stammered awkwardly while making his way to the bedroom; the next step being putting Lei to sleep.

The baby didn't say anything but continued to drink the milk, chugging it down like his life depended on it. "I suppose it is, huh Lei?" A tiny smile crawled at Scaramouche's lips when he sat down, cradling his baby protectively. For once, he felt himself grow even more fond of his baby. He was still nervous but not as much.

Minutes pass and he heard you approaching the room, drying your hands off on your sides. "Mucci! Is Lei-" before you could even finish your sentence, you spotted Scaramouche gingerly placing his son inside the crib. Little Lei had fallen asleep and in his father's arms for the first time in the seven months he was alive.

Your lip curved into a soft grin, your heart fluttering at the very sight.

Scaramouche was too focused on making sure to lift the small blanket over Lei's chest before stepping aside. He was surprised to see you on the doorway with a suppressed grin.

"O-oh! (Y/n).. I just put Lei to bed." He spoke, fidgeting with his hands behind his back while sipping his chin down in attempts to hide. You hummed as you approached him, following as he sat down on the bed.

"How do you feel?" You teased and Scaramouche let out a huff. "I-I'm ack- whatever.."

His grumpy, blushing face made you giggle and ultimately connect your lips with his. He relished in the feeling, his eyes fluttering closed for a moment until you pulled away. "You did great, Mucci."

He sighed tiredly and plopped himself on the bed with his arms sprawled out upon the bed. "Look, I totally get it, Mucci. But really, you're a good dad! Seeing you just now made me fall in love with you all over again." You chuckled, shifting on the bed so you lay on his chest. Your words caused a deep blush to appear on his cheeks.

"R-right.." He feigned a cough as he hugged you against him, his cheek resting on your forehead. "You were adorable, Mucci~" you joked for the final time, deepening his blush. "(Y/n), stop. You're praise is too much for me to handle."

You kissed his jawline and got right back to cuddling your husband. "And you haven't changed one bit."