𝗖𝗹𝘂𝗺𝘀𝘆 || 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈

𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗠𝗦𝗬 - 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

𝗖𝗟𝗨𝗠𝗦𝗬
- 𝖷𝗂𝖺𝗈 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"OOF!!"

You opened your eyes to see you had been caught by your boyfriend, Xiao. "I told you to be careful." He scolded with those piercing amber eyes. A blush coated your cheeks as you gazed at his handsome features.
"Y-yeah I know but I can't help it! You know I'm-"

He gently placed you down with a soft sigh. "Clumsy." He finished. "I wouldn't want you to get hurt, my love." Boy did he know how to make you weak in the knees.

You gripped onto the feather duster tightly as you tried to ease the loud thudding of your heart. "Oh and I'll be heading to Wangshu Inn to grab us some dinner." He spoke, caressing your cheek, his finger trailing down to tilt your chin up. "I'll be quick." He then pressed his lips against yours in a chaste kiss.

You felt as though you were stuck in a trance as he parted from the kiss. "O-okay.." you sighed, completely smitten with him. He shot you a wink before heading out the door.

The feather duster slipped out of your hands, widening your once half lidded eyes. "R-right! I have to clean!" You then picked up the cleaning material and repositioned the stool on the other bookshelf.

Climbing up steadily on the rickety stool, you got to work - dusting the books and wiping the shelves with a damp cloth. Everything was going fine until you leaned a little bit too far and you fell on your side. "Ow!" You exclaimed, rubbing your arm to somehow ease the pain.

With a groan, you got back up and finished cleaning the shelves and so you got the mop and bucket of water to begin cleaning the floor.

"Pfft, what am I so worried for?" You spoke to yourself, sweeping up the dirt into a dustpan. "I'll be fine." After sweeping you began to dunk the mop into the water bucket.

With swift movements, you mopped up the now shining floorboards. But now that you were finished, you were scared of slipping. As you made your way to grab the bucket, you took hold of the shelves and to the couch to steady yourself.

Ah but it was inevitable, you slipped. Your body flew forwards and straight onto the door, but thankfully rather than a painful slam against the wood, you were met with a soft impact. In confusion, you looked up to see Xiao, one hand holding onto you while the other held onto the package of food.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly, setting the package down onto the floor, and lifting you back up with those strong arms of his. "Y-yeah, I'm okay.." you murmured but Xiao could sense a hint of sadness in your voice. "(Y/n), I know when somethings wrong. You can tell me."

You sighed, resting your head onto his chest and wrapping your arms around his waist while his hand reached up to run his fingers through your (h/c) hair. "I think I'm cursed.." you uttered out, "I've been clumsy my whole life so maybe I was cursed since the day I was born."

Xiao brought his hands to cup your cheeks, his thumb wiping away the tear that rolled down your cheek. "Yeah you were clumsy enough to fall in love with me." He teased, a smirk tugging at his lips. You pouted, causing Xiao to chuckle lightly.

"But hey, don't think too much on it, because I'll always be here to catch you when you fall."

Your pout was replaced by a flustered expression, your cheeks burning red. "Xiao!" You dipped your chin down to hide but Xiao  brought his hand to your cheek to make you look at him. "I love you." He whispered before kissing your forehead.

"I love you too..." you murmured, still embarrassed.

"Now come on, I brought us dinner and I know that'll cheer you up." You nodded in agreement as Xiao took your hand and led you to the table for dinner.

Xiao wouldn't admit it aloud, but he actually adored how clumsy you were since it gave him an excuse to hold you.