𝗪𝗶𝘀𝗵 𝗜 𝗪𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝗛𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿 || 𝖡𝖾𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗍𝗍

𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗜 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥- 𝖡𝖾𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗍𝗍 -

𝗪𝗜𝗦𝗛 𝗜 𝗪𝗘𝗥𝗘 𝗛𝗘𝗔𝗧𝗛𝗘𝗥
- 𝖡𝖾𝗇𝗇𝖾𝗍𝗍 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

"WOAH! SHE'S SO CUTE!"

Bennett's cheeks flushed a dark crimson as he stalked Barbara from the cathedral window with you leaning against the pillar in shame. "Bennett, you're being a real creep right now.." you spoke, placing your hand on your forehead with a deep sigh. "Couldn't you just talk to her?" The moment those words escaped your lips, you felt your heart twang with pain.

You did in fact fall for the boy who unfortunately had his sights set on someone else.. someone you knew you couldn't compete with - Barbara.

"You know I can't just do that!" He whisper-yelled, briefly stepping away from the cathedral window. "How could someone like her like some loser like me..."
you looked at Bennett sadly, lips forming into a thin line as he returned to steal glances of the pigtailed girl.

Right...

You inhaled deeply through your nose before shifting yourself from the pillar to stand. Clearly you had grown tired of being the third person, the one who had to watch from the sidelines or be the one who had to stay behind everyone because the sidewalk was too thin. Especially now since it was your crush with a girl who you thought was too perfect, more perfect than you could ever be.

You've been fed up with it so why did you help him when he needed advice on chasing his beloved?

You stepped next to Bennett and spotted the blonde using her healing abilities on ill patients. You stood still by the window and eyed her sadly, scaring Bennett because of how visibly obvious you were. "(Y/n)? H-hey what are you doing?" The boy tugged on your sleeve but you didn't budge. "I'm getting sick of this." You muttered before knocking gently on the window pane, alerting the nuns and Barbara inside.

The girl's eyes met yours and they widened slightly in surprise. She stepped closer and smiled "hi (Y/n)!" Her voice was muffled due to the glass in between of you. "Hey Barbara, would you mind stepping outside for a bit?"
The girl pondered for a bit with her finger lightly tapping her chin before she finally conceded.

"Alright, be right there!" She piped up and turned on her heel to slip out the door to make her way outside.

"Hey!! What do you think you're doing??!" Bennett pulled roughly on your arm, turning you around to face him. "Shut up, I'm helping you." Was your simple and straightforward response and although Bennett didn't say it aloud, he got a bit startled by your stern gaze; one he'd never seen from you before.

"But (Y/n)! I don't look presentable enough for her!!" He scrambled, fidgeting with his hair and dusting his shorts off whilst also pressing his hands on either side of his face in panic.
But you placed a hand on his shoulder, stopping him. "You look just fine, and just a word of advice, girls don't like fakers so just be yourself." You feigned a smile, raising your hand to give him a thumbs up.

Bennett nodded, his face less terrified than he was only a moment ago. "Thanks (Y/n)! You really are the bestest friend I could ever have!"

Yup.. that's me..

"Y-yeah, you got it.." the moment ended when you spotted Barbara afar, lifting her arm for a light wave followed by a cheery grin. "She's here, act natural." Bennett thought to himself and spun on his heel with a proud smile.

Once Barbara reached you, she rested her hands behind her back nervously "so, did you both need anything?"

You lightly shoved Bennett forward "if you're free Bennett would like to go on a stroll with you." You said, resting a hand on your hip. Barbara's eyes seemed to have sparkled as her gaze fell upon Bennett. "Oh wow! I would love that very much!!"

Bennett's cheeks burned a dark and obvious shade of pink when his eyes trailed over her skin like some kind of porcelain doll, with her pretty lashes and her deep blue eyes and rosy cheeks. "Well then, let's go!" Bennett chuckled and Barbara happily followed, her cheery attitude contrasting Bennett's perfectly.

It was as if they had forgotten about you in their own excitement as they both walked on ahead. "Have fun.." you muttered quietly to yourself, eyes falling sadly as tears formed in your eyes.

Your heart thudded painfully in your chest as you remained still and alone. You didn't wanna move as you were swallowed by jealousy and sadness. Why couldn't he see that you were there for him all the time? Why couldn't you be the one? Questions and self doubt swarmed your mind and crept through your heart, as if what you were thinking were actually true which they weren't.

You dropped to your knees, tears streaming down your cheeks. Why hadn't you stopped him? Why hadn't you told him how you felt? Was there ever a point in time where he considered you more than a friend? You sniffled, hastily wiping your tears away with your hands.

It was definitely painful but there really was nothing you could do. Besides, not everyone's stories have a happy ending. The best you could do was be happy for him because he had already found happiness even if it wasn't with you.

After all, you still were his 'bestest' friend..