𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗠𝗲 || 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂

𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘- 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂 -

𝗦𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗧𝗢 𝗠𝗘
- 𝖹𝗁𝗈𝗇𝗀𝗅𝗂 -

༻ ━━━━━・•͙✧⃝•͙ ★ •͙✧⃝•͙・━━━━━༺

YOU WENT ON A CASUAL STROLL IN LIYUE HARBOR,

with a book about different fairytales in hand. Since your eyes were glued to the pages of the book, you failed to notice the longing stares you were receiving from the men around you.

You never believed it, but you were given the nickname of  'Liyue's beauty' from the men who found themselves crushing on you the moment their eyes lay on you. But of course, you were already taken by your dear Zhongli and that meant most guys would be terrified to speak to you.

But today, you were all on your own since Zhongli had some kind of meeting he had to attend to. Not far away was a bench overlooking the sea and so you skipped your way over to settle yourself and just as you reopened the pages of your book, you noticed a shadow looming over you.

You lifted your chin up to see a tall fellow with his hands resting at his sides. "Umm, can I help you?" You asked, pushing your book down slightly. "Why, you certainly can, miss." He smirked before sitting down next to you and draping his slender arm around your shoulders. Closing your book shut, you awkwardly scooted out of his grasp, taking his arm and removing it from your shoulders.

"Who exactly are you?"

He reached over and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "My name is Mathew, but you can call me Matt, of course." He shot you a flirty wink  as he leaned a bit closer to you.
"Why? So I can rub my muddy boots all over your dumb face?" You scoffed, folding your arms over your chest. He seemed to have winced at your words but quickly shook it off.

"You know, I can show you a good time if you want to~" he whispered in your ear but you swatted him away. "Excuse me?!"

He chuckled before setting his elbow on his lap while resting his chin on his hand to support his head. "Playing hard to get are we?" He spoke, further fueling your agitation.
"Listen, I already have a boyfriend so would you please just go-"

"Awe, he doesn't have to know, beautiful."

This man was making you more sick by the second, and just when it couldn't get any worse, he threw his hands on your waist to pull you against him. "Hey!" You exclaimed, trying to push him off. "How about a kiss?"

He inched closer to you with half-lidded eyes and flirtatious smile which you despised.
You continued to desperately try to escape his grasp until a familiar voice caught your ears, halting your actions.

"Get off her."

Your eyes met with Zhongli's and a wave of relief washed over you. "Zhongli!" You breathed out with a smile and in the blink of an eye, Mathew was on his feet with a look of terror in his eyes. "T-his guy's your boyfriend?" He uttered out and you say there with a proud grin. "Mhm."

Zhongli stared him down with arms behind his back, a dark aura surrounding him. He looked like he was about to snap any moment to break this man's bones. "How dare you lay a finger on her." He spoke, eyes practically glowing.

"I-I'm sorry!" Mathew pleaded, getting on his knees and clasping his hands together.

"She belongs to me, and if you ever go near her again or so much as steal a glance, I will break every single bone in your body."

Oh the fear in Mathew's eyes was definitely pleasurable to you. He then nodded profoundly before stumbling on his own feet and running off.

Once he was out of sight, Zhongli looked around him at all the other citizens that had watched the whole scene unfold. They all quickly tore their gazes away and went about their business. "(Y/n)?" He called, looking over to you worriedly as if he didn't just threaten a man. "Did he hurt you?" He asked, kneeling down to meet your height and placing a hand on your cheek, eyes scanning your body for any injuries.

"I'm fine, thank you." You smiled and Zhongli copied your smile. "Thank goodness,"
Zhongli extended a hand for you to take which you gladly did and you stood up before lacing your fingers together. "You were really hot.." you teased, pressing your side on his. Zhongli let out a puff of air through his nose before pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"I hate guys like that."

You chuckled, "for real though, thank you for standing up for me. I really appreciate it."

Zhongli smiled softly, his hair gently blowing through the wind as the sun kissed the horizon.

"Anytime, my dear."

Bless me with your luck, help me get Zhongli