Chapter 64

Song - Let Her Go by Passenger
Status - Chapter song (I'm not crying, you are)

AIDEN POV:

The rain continues to soak my clothes as I slowly walk back to my house. Did I just lose the best part of my life? Did I screw up so much that I had lost her forever?

What was I supposed to do now?

The house was silent as my mother wouldn't be back until late Sunday and for once I was glad to be away from the twins.

I was completely in love with this girl, how could I do this to her.

I wanted to drink, I was desperate for a smoke but I think back to the last time I had gotten stoned in front of her at school and refrain from both drinking and smoking. I didn't want to fuck up anymore than I already had.

My phone rings a couple of times but I ignore it. Toby could wait. Katherine hadn't tried to contact me either and whilst I was grateful for the break, I only hoped that I hadn't lost her as well.

I sit on my bed for hours that night, my head in my hands. I was a total fuck up.

I don't when or how but I wake up the next morning, lying on top of my bed with my clothes still on.

What time was it?

I open my phone to see even more calls from Toby and a few from Carter and Blake. It was 11:00am.

Groaning, I stand up to turn on my shower. I wait for the hot water to work before taking off my clothes and standing in the shower. The hot water runs from my hair down my back and it helps clear my head.

There was only one thing to do now.

I had to make it up to Em. I had to make things right, I was in love with her and I knew that wasn't going to change anytime soon.

After washing myself I grab my towel and wrap it around my hips. I walk into my room and can't help but look over at Em's window. I wasn't surprised to see the window shut and the blinds closed.

I busy myself for a few hours by doing some stuff around the house, I fix the sink in the girl's bathroom that my mother had been asking me to do for a while, and even unpack the dishwasher. It was raining which meant that I couldn't do anything outside.

When I can't find anything else to busy my mind I walk upstairs and sit on my bed. How could I make it up to her? Should I buy her an expensive bracelet or something? I groan aloud, I knew very well that she wasn't someone who wanted expensive jewelry. I also knew that a gift wouldn't make her forgive me, she wasn't shallow enough.

I grab my leather jacket and walk outside, I ignore the pouring rain and just focus on the task ahead of me. I was going to talk to her, explain it to her. As soon as I look towards her house I see her exit the front door.

Relief fills me, maybe someone was on my side.

She keeps her head down as I call her name. She ignores me.

"Emily," I try again. Ignored.

Did I really fuck up that much that she wouldn't even acknowledge me now?

I jog towards her, I had to try again. I loved her.

"Emily," I call again. She ignores me again so I grab her arm gently. She doesn't even look up at me.

I get a glimpse of her face and guilt floods through me. She looked so pale, her eyes were dull and her hair was in a messy bun. She wore sweatpants and an oversized jacket that I knew wasn't hers.