Chapter 41

AIDEN POV:

AIDEN POV:

They were kissing. Em and Luke were actually kissing and Em was actually responding.

What the fuck is happening?!

Em doesn't have feelings for Luke, she can't.

I had followed her up after a while because I was going to apologize to her for being such a dick with Dale, the thought that she was going to share her past with him ignited a jealously that was so common lately whenever Em was involved.

Why the fuck am I so jealous when she is involved?!

It was my fault she was with Luke anyway, so does that mean it's my fault that they kissed and now she may or may not have feelings for him.

Fuck this.

I walk downstairs, I see her mom but she just gives me a questioning look but doesn't say anything. I had seen Rebecca and Robert walk in with what looked like groceries, we said our hellos and then they disappeared into the kitchen, presumably to unpack the shopping.

I smile at Rebecca, and she smiles back before walking back into the kitchen to probably finish unpacking the groceries with Robert and I walk outside and sit on a chair under the shade.

Were they really kissing because of me? Did I just ruin everything?

My thoughts get cut off when I see Luke and Em return, I see Luke say something to her but I can't hear him. By the looks of it, I didn't need to because seconds later she's squealing happily and jumping in his awaiting arms.

Is that seriously all it took for her to develop feelings for Luke? I guess it was expected, they're perfect for each other after all, ask anyone.

I walk out further so it didn't seem like I was eavesdropping on their conversation, and not a minute too soon because straight after I sit back down on my previous sun chair, they walk out looking exceptionally happy with Eli.

Eli runs over to Miles, they look just as happy as Luke and Em. I roll my eyes at my stupidity, they belong together. I remember when she told me that she wanted adventure and that's why she would never go with Luke but she probably grew out of it. The nice girl usually ends up with the nice guy anyway.

I don't know what I expected, her to eventually feel the same way for me that I did for her? I'm a fucking pathetic dumbass. Of course she would end up with Luke, they've been through so much together.

I feel cold water droplets splash me and it breaks me out of my thoughts, Toby had walked over to me and shook out his wet hair. I don't know how long I was out of it because now Charlie, Blake, Luke, Miles and Eli were in the pool. Em was sitting with Dale and they looked to be deep in thought about something, I wonder how Luke felt about their proximity. I know I didn't like it.

"You good?" Toby asks as he sits down beside me.

I don't even bother faking it; "I saw Em and Luke kissing."