Chapter 2

Getting to sleep was easy, it had happened almost as soon as my head had hit the pillow

Getting to sleep was easy, it had happened almost as soon as my head had hit the pillow. Obviously moving houses tires you out enough to pass out at 9:00 pm. What wasn't easy was being woken up by heavy metal music in the very early morning the day I would be starting at Pearlacre High.

Groaning, I sit up and glare at the window across from mine where the music was obviously playing. Nothing seemed to cover my ears from the loud genre of music that would be the cause of my inevitable sour mood in the morning.

Having had enough of my extremely courteous neighbor's late-night activities I aggressively stand up and storm over to my window to open it and yell profanities at the owner of the window opposite mine. I expect that my new neighbor is some pre-pubescent teenage boy thinking he's cool, with that thought in my mind, not even bothering to look up at the owner in my tired state I open my window completely to begin cursing the young boy.

"You're waking up the whole neighborhood!! Can you turn your music off so we can all get some fucking sleep!!!" I yell furiously.

Instead of a reply, I hear multiple deep chuckles instantly making my head shoot up and face the previously thought preteen. Instead of a lanky preteen, I'm faced with 4 incredibly attractive teenagers around my age including the most attractive male I'd ever seen. He had dark hair that contrasted against his tanned skin amazingly and by what I could see, he also had the body of a Greek god, he was tall as well, the second tallest of the 4 boys with the most beautiful brown eyes I had ever seen.

By the smirk on his face, I knew he had seen me shamelessly check him out but I was too tired to care.

"We're enjoying the last day of freedom before school starts tomorrow, you should join us!!!" The shortest one grins, he wasn't as attractive as the greek god but he was definitely attractive in a cute way. He was also presumably the 'outgoing' one of the group. He had dark hair and pale-ish skin with a few moles scattered around his face and dark green eyes which were extremely pretty and supposedly rare only adding to his cuteness.

I didn't reply, the embarrassment finally engulfing me. "By the way, I'm Toby, what's your name" he continues grinning.

"Emily?" I reply questionably, still embarrassed about the unusual exchange.

"Toby, let her sleep," The tallest one says before turning to me, "I'm really sorry, we'll definitely turn the music down" he smiles at me.

This boy was slightly taller than the greek god and had a noticeably smaller build, although he was lankier than the god, you could tell he had his fair share of muscle. He also had orange hair and a similar eye color to the Greek god with a strong jawline.

I smile back hesitantly in gratitude, ready to close my window and return to the land of dreams before the one I hadn't interacted with smirks in my direction.

"Hey babe, why haven't I seen you around before, I definitely would have remembered a face as pretty as yours" he smirks, he had blonde hair and hazel eyes, and was slightly shorter than the Greek god. You could tell that like all the other guys, this one had a well looked after body, although the boys all had a strong build, by what I could see, the greek god's build still stood out to me. It was also blatantly obvious to me that this one was a player.