Chapter 44

It was Friday today, the week had gone in a blur

It was Friday today, the week had gone in a blur. Everyone was so excited because next week we would be going on the field trip. Luke was miserable because he wasn't included, and even Dale was upset. The rest of us could barely contain our excitement.

After Saturday night when Aiden had told me more about Katherine, I had tried to take a step back. I think he was noticing though, Dale and Charlie definitely were. We had planned for Dale and Charlie to stay at mine tomorrow night so we could spend Sunday together. I think they thought something had happened and they wanted to cheer me up. I guess in a sense something had happened, realization punched me in the face. Hard. And now I knew I never had even the slightest chance with Aiden.

Toby had continued watching The Vampire Diaries, he was obsessed and it made me laugh so much because it was all he talked about.

At break today, we had another meeting and now everything was finalized, all we had to do was show up on Tuesday. Tiffany was in the other class and all the guys apart from Blake were really pissed. She had been giving me looks lately and I had felt like she was up to something, not like she had anything to worry about. She was way more his type than me, she might actually have a chance.

School had just ended, we won our second game yesterday and Luke and Charlie both had to stay back for practice, they had seemed to be getting a lot closer lately and I was genuinely happy for them.

I had just got home, mom and Robert were still at work and Elijah would be getting home any minute from the bus. As soon as I open my door, and excited Labradoodle jumps on me. I giggle, putting my stuff down and sitting at her level to give her some well-deserved attention. As if any dog was as cute as my baby.

The door opens and Lij walks in, he smiles when he sees Nala and I and puts his stuff with mine so he can pat Nala as well.

"Hey Lee, can we call Miles. I need his advice on something," Lij asks, blushing a little and making me very curious.

"Something about what?" I smile cheekily, standing up and walking towards the kitchen knowing that both Eli and Nala will follow.

"Leeee," Elijah groans, his face just getting redder as his sits on the stool. I hold up a bottle of juice, silently offering Lij some and he nods.

"Tell me!!" I beg, he looks down again as I hand him a cup of juice and sit opposite him with my own. "Wait," I begin, "Is it about a girl?"

Lij blushes even more and I get my answer. "Aweee my baby bro has his first crush."

"Lee!!" Elijah scolds.

I smile, "okay fine, but you have to tell me more."

"Her name is Sophia Ryder and she's in my classes but she doesn't even know I exist," Elijah replies sadly.

"Lij, don't say that. You just have to talk to her, tell her how you feel." I reply, smiling at the absolute adorableness of the whole situation.

"No Lee, you don't get it. I'm just a loser. If it wasn't for her brothers, she would get all this attention but they always threaten any guy that even talks to her or her best friend." Lij sighs.