Chapter 72

Song - Treat You Better by Shawn Mendes.
Status - Chapter song not summary song.

EMILY POV:

"Surprise!!!"

I jump in fright at the sudden noise and crowd of people, I could briefly see my actual friends but the majority of the crowd here were familiar faces that Charlie had obviously invited. Everything suddenly makes sense, the outfits, Dale bringing me here, Charlie needing 'help' with her 'shoes.' But most of all, the reason why no one had messaged me 'happy birthday' today, everyone that I would have wanted to hear from was here.

Charlie steps out of the crowd excitedly, holding a cup of something that was obviously alcoholic. She passes it to me with a huge smirk on her face and I take it, still in shock.

Charlie looked amazing as usual, she wore a tight grey skirt with a black body suit, her hair was down in waves and her makeup was dark and immaculate. She wore ankle heeled boots to tie the outfit together.

"Happy Birthday Em, let's fucking party!!" Just like that, the quiet atmosphere turns fast tensed, music begins playing and everyone goes off in separate groups, most of them coming to say happy birthday to me

After about 20 minutes of standing there awkwardly as people wished me a happy birthday, I was left alone with Charlie and Dale.

"So baby, are you surprised?" Dale grins.

"Yes!!! Thank you guys so much, I can't believe you pulled this off." I laugh, the sound of it barely heard over the loud sound of music.

"Sorry about all the people, I couldn't have a party without inviting half of the school but at least I didn't invite Tiffany," Charlie laughs.

I laugh with her, "this is perfect, thank you so much Charlie."

"Hey, I helped!!" Luke grins, coming into view and wrapping me in a hug, "Happy Birthday Emilia."

"Thank you Lukas," I smile, hugging him back.

"I didn't help but I wouldn't mind a hug," another familiar voice says from behind me. I turn around and nearly shreik in excitement when I see Miles.

"Hey Little E, happy birthday."

"I'm so happy you came Miles," I admit, hugging him excitedly.

"I wouldn't miss it," Miles grins, getting eye contact with Dale for a split second.

I smile at him warmly.

"Oi Dale, can you show me around, I haven't been here in years and I have a feeling my little bro and Charlie will be too busy," Miles smirks teasingly.

Charlie blushes a bright red and Luke rolls his eyes.

"Sure, you gonna be alright babe?" Dale asks me.