Chapter 55

The dolphins eventually swim away and even though I want to follow them so they'll adopt me and I can live like this every day, I swim back to the jet ski

The dolphins eventually swim away and even though I want to follow them so they'll adopt me and I can live like this every day, I swim back to the jet ski. It was getting darker and therefore, harder to see what was underneath me.

Aiden climbs onto the jetski and all but lifts me up. He asks if I want to drive but I decline, wanting to see the last of the reef before the darkness blocks my view.

We go around on the jetski for as long as we can, but eventually the pitch dark makes it hard to see where we were going so we have to go back to shore.

We pull up to the beach and I climb off the jetski. I do my best to help Aiden put the jetski back into the shed but eventually give up when I see I was probably making it harder for him rather than easier.

Once he locks the door again we decide to sit on the shore and watch the waves.

We talk about anything and everything and a terrible evening turns into one that I'll never forget.

I was so lucky to have Aiden in my life, he was adventurous and rebellious and everything that I needed. There was absolutely no doubt that I was in love with him and I couldn't hide it for much longer, maybe Dale was right, maybe I should let him know how I feel about him.

"Aiden," I mumble.

"Yeah," he replies.

"I'm not mad at the fact that you hurt Justin but can you please promise me something?" I ask, vulnerability lacing my every word.

"Anything Collins," Aiden replies quietly, I smile at his words, falling just a little bit harder.

"Before you beat someone up, please let me try and deal with it. I'm stronger than you give me credit for and as much as I appreciate it, you're not going to always be around when something happens and I can fend for myself, I hate the violence and would love it if we could figure out a non-violent way to deal with situations" I beg quietly.

Even though it was pitch black, I can feel his stare on me. He finally replies; "I'm sorry Collins, I swear I'll let you deal with situations your own way and try to figure out a non-violent way to solve issues," Aiden promises. I smile, his promise sounded so sincere.

We suddenly fall silent, was now a good time to tell him how I felt? I glance over to Aiden and see he was already staring at me, I want to say butterflies erupt in my stomach but that would be a lie, whatever was in my stomach was more than butterflies, it was a whole damn zoo.

Ever so slowly I see him leaning in, the zoo in my stomach multiplies as I lean in with him. Even though the encounter can't have been longer than a couple of seconds, it feels like hours.

Is this it? Is this when we finally kiss, does this means he feels the same way? Am I dreaming?

Our lips are centimeters from touching when suddenly we hear a familiar voice. We jump away from each other so fast I'm pretty sure we put the dolphins to shame.