Chapter 47

Dale had been here a while and had definitely noticed that something was up with me

Dale had been here a while and had definitely noticed that something was up with me. I had to tell him, tonight. He was my best friend and he had every right to know, I knew he wanted to be able to support me, and I had to let him.

"Em, talk to me babe, what's up?' Dale begs.

"Noth-" I begin but get cut off.

"And don't say nothing because you've been acting like I did before I came out to my parents," Dale states. His words making me smile. He smiles softly at me.

"Dale, there's something I need to tell you," I decide after a couple of minutes. Dale looks at me curiously but doesn't say anything.

I take a deep breath, subconsciously looking out the window. I see Aiden driving into the garage, I was very aware that he had probably just gotten back from the tracks but I found that it still comforted me.

I go to the bookshelf and grab the photo album before hesitantly making my way over to the bed, Dale watches me silently as I sit opposite him.

I stay silent for a moment, knowing full well that as soon as I open the album, I would be brought out of the good place I had been in lately, and be put in a bad place again.

"Em, you're scaring me." Dale says quietly.

"I'm sorry, it's just.." I trail off.

"Em, take a deep breath. What is it that you need to tell me? Let me help you." Dale begs, he grabs my hand in a comforting notion.

I take one last deep breath; "Eli isn't my only sibling, I used to have a sister." I whisper, watching closely for his reaction.

Dale stares at me cluelessly. "What?" He asks, tightening his hold on my hand. With my free hand, I pass Dale the album, my heart pounding drastically.

Dale looks at me before he takes his hand from mine gently and opens the album to the first page. He looks at every page, his expression only getting more confused.

"She died of Brain cancer 3 years ago when she was 18," I whisper as Dale begins to see all the photos of her when she was in the hospital.

"She was beautiful, what was her name?" Dale whispers staring at the pictures.

"Maddison, she was my best friend," I admit, tears welling in my eyes. Dale pulls me into a comforting hug and I can't help but let some tears fall. Dale just pulls me closer.

Once my tears slow, Dale releases me gently and passes me the closest album. I smile at him gratefully.

"There's more," I admit.

Dale's head shoots up to look at me, "more?" He questions, a shocked expression on his face.

I hesitantly nod, "my biological father had an affair with a younger woman while my sister was dying and left us for her. I haven't seen him since but he has been texting me," I admit.