Chapter 67

Song - Let Go by Dean Lewis
Status - Summary song, not chapter song

Okay so...I wanted to publish this chapter because I had to fix something in the previous one and I know that you guys would have seen it and thought I updated so I felt bad...I hope you enjoy ;))

Em POV:

"So, I heard that you're going on a date tonight?" I hear a familiar voice whisper in my ears. I jump on instinct, the suddenness scaring me before I turn around to glare at the bad boy that I had fallen for. Luke and Charlie suddenly find something else to do, leaving Aiden and I alone.

"Aiden!!" I scold, he grins at me in response but for some reason, it seems forced, "how did you hear about it?"

Aiden grins at me; "I know everything Collins."

I force a laugh but my heart sinks, he seemed to care so little about this date. Did I really mean that little to him? Did he really stop caring so quickly. Did he ever care at all?

"So, where you going?" He asks curiously.

"I'm not sure," I admit.

"Do you even like the moron? Why the fuck are you going out with him anyways?" Aiden asks casually and I almost hit him. I was going out with him because the actual guy I was in love used me.

"Because Aiden," I begin, frustration surfacing enough that I can't hide it, suddenly I feel very bold, "it's obvious now that all you and I are ever going to be is friends because like I said, you'll never change so maybe I can go on a date with an actual nice guy for once who's actually interested in me and not just horny." With that I storm away to my first class, leaving Aiden staring at me open-mouthed and in shock.

As much as seeing him with other girls hurt me, the best way for me to get over him was to date. I was in love with him and didn't want to be used again. He and Katherine would end up together, happily married because they belonged together, maybe Ryan and I belonged together as well.

Sighing to myself, I walk into our biology class and wait for Aiden to walk in, but unsurprisingly, he never does.

***

It was almost home time which meant that Charlie and I would be on our dates soon but I hadn't seen Aiden at all since this morning. The rest of the guys were at lunch but Aiden wasn't with them, I think the boys were just as clueless to his whereabouts as I was.

Nervousness sits in my stomach at the inevitable date ahead and I wish more than anything that I could say I was actually looking forward to it. The bell rings and the nervousness just intensifies. Ryan had asked me what class I had last so he could meet me there after school but I had convinced him to just meet me at his car, I needed that extra 5 minutes to prepare myself.

"Em have you been listening to me at all?!" Jordan pouts. We had just finished with English but Aiden never turned up, Jordan questioned me about it originally but eventually gave up after he realized I had no clue, he had resorted to telling me more stories about his best friend Lindsay who was another one of Aiden's old 'flings.'

"Sorry Jordan, I'm just distracted," I apologize.

"Because Aiden has disappeared?" Jordan questions.

"Yeah, I just said something to him this morning that I regret," I admit.

"Does it have something to do with your date now with Ryan?" Jordan questions after a hesitant moment.

"You know about it to?" I groan.

"Em, sweetie, everyone knows about it," Jordan replies. He and I had been standing outside of the classroom and talking but I wasn't so sure I wasn't just trying to prolong the date that would begin as soon as I got to his car.