Chapter 26

Heyy!

I just wanted to say that this chapter is inspired by a one shot I wrote in one of my notebooks a few years ago; but I decided to put it in the story because... Why not?

Thank you again so much for all the support!

Hope you enjoy,
Happy reading!

• • • • • • • • • •

"Crap, I have to meet Snape in his office" Harry gasped; he had been so caught up with trying to figure out what was wrong with Draco that he had forgotten all about it. "I'll catch you guys later."

"Hey, at least now you'll get a chance to talk to Draco" Ron smirked knowingly. "You know; considering he won't be able to run away again."

"I know you're joking, but that actually helps" Harry chuckles. "Thanks."

He said goodbye to the rest of the group - all except Pansy since she still hadn't shown up - and started jogging down the hall.

"- Draco! My name is Draco!"

Harry stopped jogging and noticed that he was infront of Snape's classroom — his office was still another corner away.

"- right. Draco-" Harry heard Snape's soft voice from behind the door.

He knew that whatever was going on was none of his business, but his curiosity and, so-called, Gryffindor courage only resulted in making him step closer to the door.

"- but it is important to understand that I'm just trying to help you" Snape explained. "He will not take it lightly if he found out-"

"- he already knows." Draco stated. "It's part of the reason I'm in this bloody mess!"

"I see... Draco, you do know that I made a promise to your mother that I would protect you if anything were to happen; but that promise does not extend to Potter. Quite the opposite, actually."

Harry stiffened at the mention of his name, but he kept listening...

"- you think I don't know that!?" Draco cried and clenched his fists.

"This is all my fault." He whispered and shook his head as he tried to fight back his tears.

"Now is not the time to be pointing fingers at anyone, especially not at yourself" Snape's voice was a little more gentle; caring even. "But I'm afraid that-"

Their voices faded away as Harry stared at Draco. He looked so fragile and... Broken. Guilt invaded his proud stature, and Harry couldn't stand watching. If Draco didn't want to talk yet, then Harry wasn't going to push him.

Not until he is ready.

Yet with all these supportive thoughts in Harry's mind, the questions still overpowered him.

"Snooping around now, are we?"

Harry spun around and was met with the smirking face of Pansy.

"H-hey, Pans" Harry smiled nervously. "I didn't see you in any of the classes today, is everything alright?"

"Oh I'm doing just fine" she nodded with a mischievous look in her eyes. "What about you? Do you have any particular reason for being outside of Snape's classroom?"