Chapter 45

"I have to go" Harry said with a shaky voice and rushed out the classroom, leaving everyone to stare at the now empty seat next to Ron.

"Oh dear" Trelawney muttered. "Ron, go make sure he's okay. The rest of you - class dismissed. Make sure to hand in your assignment by this Friday."

Ron gathered his things and hurried off.

Draco looked down at the ball in front of him. The fading colours disappearing as he remembered the look in Harry's eyes - He was terrified.

In the hallway, Harry cut a quick corner and stumbled back a bit once he hit a tall figure. "Watch it, Potter" Quinton barked, but his expression softened slightly once he saw the tears threatening to fall from the forest in Harry's eyes. "Potter? What- why are you crying?"

Harry scowled. "As if you care, Wither. Now just get the fuck out of my way."

"Harry!?" Ron's voice came echoing from the classroom.

Quinton rolled his eyes. "Looks like your friend needs you." His voice was back to cold. Emotionless.

Harry scowled and looked at the ground as the Ravenclaw stepped aside, his sleeve from his grey sweater lifting up to his wrist when he readjusted the book in his hands.

Harry's blood ran cold. Black ink peeked out from under the sleeve - and the realization of what was going on finally hit him. Everything he had been told hit him all over again and he finally let the tears fall.

"Harry, thank- Harry?" Ron noticed the boy's shaking shoulders. "Merlin, Harry, what's wrong?"

Harry didn't answer and only turned to see the red head's concerned eyes. "Harry?" Ron repeated.

"Ron, I- Draco-" Harry stuttered out but broke down as he remembered the words.

"What are you talking about?" Ron placed comforting hands on his shoulders and hushed the whimpers. "What happened?"

Harry shook his head and leaned into the comfort Ron was giving him. "Sectumpesmpra" he whispered hesitantly.

Ron frowned. "What in Merlin's beard is that?"

"I-" Harry choked on another sob before whispering, "I don't know."

***

"And then he just... He ran off" Draco said with a panicked voice. "I haven't seen him since then."

Pansy sighed. "I'm sure he's fine, Draco. Maybe he just needs space" she tried to smile as she dug out a flat box from her trunk.

"No, you don't get it. He looked like- What's that?" The blonde's attention shifted from Harry to the box in Pansy's hands.

"Merlin, you're starting to sound like Ron" The girl snickered.

"You're avoiding the subject" Draco observed.

She sighed again and plopped down on the bed. "It's a dress. I was planning on giving it to Hermione as a gift and, maybe, ask her on a date" her eyes refused to meet Draco's. "Guess I'll just have to return it or something-"

"- you could still give it to her" Draco interrupted and motioned towards Pansy, sitting down on the bed beside her. "There's no point in waisting something this unique."

"What's the point?" She huffed out. "She doesn't want to be with me anymore - and that's on me. I should've- I should've told her."

Draco shook his head. "No one is to blame here-"

"- Yes. Yes there is, Draco" Pansy said and handed him the box. "Nothing can change what's been done."

"Exactly" Draco smiled, and the girl arched a brow."You can't change what has already been done, but you can change what's to come."

Pansy smiled, not letting it show that this was what she might have needed to hear, and forced a laugh. "Harry's been rubbing off on you."

"Dumbledore's fault." Draco said simply and stood up, holding the box under his arm as he smirked.

"Your fault." She corrected. "You're the one who slipped that potion into Harry's drink and caused him to-"

"- I regret nothing."

• • • • • • • • • •

Does this make sense? Are y'all still doing alright? Do I need to make pancakes? Should I get Hermione and Pansy back together? No? Alright.