Chapter 12

Hii!

Before this chapter begins, I just wanted to say...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1.64K reads!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhh... *Eternal screaming*

Ahem...

Seriously though, thank you so much and I hope you enjoy this chapter!

• • • • • • • • • •

"Harry, where in Merlin's name have you been!?"

Harry, Draco and the entire Great Hall watched as the flaming weaslette stumbled over to them.

"Do you have any idea how long I waited?" She growled and began tugging Harry out the hall.

"Oi!" Draco yelped.

"Malfoy, could you leave us alone for... Oh, I don't know... Forever?"

A devilish smirk crept onto Draco's lips and he lifted both their wrist up, the red head's eyes immediately locking with the bright ring.

"A little hard to that when he's tied to me, don't you think?"

Ginny stared at their wrists, her body posture immediately going stiff.

"When the hell did that happen?"

"A few days ago..." Harry trailed off awkwardly.

Ginny didn't know what to say... She wanted to tell herself that this was just a punishment for another one of their stupid fights — if what she heard from Luna and Hermione were true; which she now found out was — but the light blush on Harry's cheeks from the close contact with Malfoy told her otherwise.

"Look, Ginny, I don't get why you're so upset-" Harry started, but Ginny cut him off.

"- Harry, for Merlin's sake! I've been trying to get your attention for years and suddenly this prat comes along and you-"

"He's not a prat!" Harry defended, shocking both Ginny and Draco.

"Whatever" She scowled and stormed off.

Draco looked at Harry and nudged his side a little. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah" Harry sighed. "I'm fine"

Without another word, they set off to join the others at dinner.

***

"Mr Potter, please pay attention" the professor said plainly, immediately returning back to explaining the lesson.

Harry hadn't slept much last night.

He couldn't get Ginny out of his head; and Malfoy seemed to notice...

A few moments later, Harry felt a parchment graze against his hand. He looked up to see Draco giving him a worried look.

Are you alright? You seem pretty spaced out.

Harry moved the quill against the pale paper and pushed it back to the blonde.

Yeah, I'm fine.

You don't seem fine.

I am.

^Not.

Draco. Leave it.

Draco didn't want to leave it, and he wasn't planning to. After class, he dragged Harry towards an empty corridor and pinned him against the nearest wall, a crimson blush emitting onto Potter's cheeks.

"Harry, if you do not tell me what's bugging you I will not hesitate to hex you" he lied.

"You wouldn't" Harry scoffed. "Right?"

Draco smirked and eyed Harry from head to toe, taking in every detail from the smaller boy — his messy raven hair cupped his forehead and the sun casted dim shadows down onto his face, revealing every line and detail. His eyes were a perfect shade of jade; a forest of green you could easily get lost in... And then there was.his lips. Sure they were gnawed and chapped, but their plum texture never failed to catch the blonde's attention.

"Draco..." Harry said in almost a whisper.

Their faces were so close to each other all ready, all it would take is for one of them to lean in a little more and their lips would be touching.

"Yeah?" He whispered back.

"I think Ginny may be onto something" He snorted.

***

Harry still couldn't wrap his head around the whole Ginny situation.

Although; now that he thought about it, it all made sense — the endless hallway chats and the constant asking to hang out. The way she scowled everytime someone would look at him a certain way... Much like Draco really.

Draco.

There he was, yet again, in the ravenette's mind. Harry was currently avoiding two things:

1. Ginny and

2. The fact that he and Draco hadn't really talked much after what happened in free period.

Not to mention what happened in the hallway... The look in Draco's eyes was something Harry had never seen before; the way those silver eyes examined him drove him crazy.

Okay, he had three things he was avoiding.

"-arry? Harry?"

Harry looked up from his plate over to Hermione who had a worried look plastered over her face.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired" he smiled and quickly finished the few remaining crumbs on his plate.

"He's been like this all day" Draco said with an annoyed tone. "Well; he's been like this since the whole Ginny thing."

Draco spat the name like venom. He couldn't figure her out. Harry said they were just friends, but there she was yelling at Harry about Merlin knows what!

"Hey, Harry?" Draco asked, Harry's eyes slowly shifting towards him. "I'd like to have that talk now"

"What do you-"

Before he could finish, Harry was pulled out of his seat and yanked out the Great Hall.

"You've been zoned out all day and it's starting to freak me out" Draco stated with worry. "What's going on? Is it Ginny?"

"Is she the reason you've been all depro all day?"

Harry stared at Draco for a moment. He didn't understand why he was so annoyed.

(A/N don't worry Harry, neither does Draco)

"I..." Harry trailed off, unsure of where to start.

"I think we should talk somewhere more private"