Chapter 23

Before you kill me, can we just take our time to admire this drawing?

• • • • • • • • • •

Draco felt invaded.

He felt disgusted.

Harry was now in more danger than he had ever been, and it was all his fault.

"Now, Draco" Voldemort forced a smile. "It seems that you and Harry Potter have changed your relationship tremendously..."

' This fucking bastard ' Draco growled. He wanted to crucio himself for not using Occlumency when he felt that something wasn't right.

"Take a seat" Voldemort ordered gently and waited for the blonde to sit. "As you know your father has been a loyal partner of mine for decades-"

"A Deatheater?" Draco scoffed. "I can't exactly picture him as loyal."

"Well he's always been loyal to me" The dark lord shook his head. "But that's not the point here, Draco. I see potential in you."

Draco stiffened at his words and eyed the pale man from his seat.

"I see many great things in your future, and we could easily achieve them together" The immortal suggested.

"Are you suggesting-" Draco stuttered, fear starting to build up in his stomach.

"Yes, Draco. Become a Deatheater and join me! Join us. Join your family."

"I- I don't think-" Draco stuttered again and looked down at the table, anything seemed more appealing than the pale bony figure infront if him.

"I thought you'd respond like this" Voldemort admitted. "That's where the deal comes in."

"What deal!?" Draco yelled with a tight voice. "I have no interest in becoming a Deatheater!"

"What if I told you that your parents's-

(A/N please correct me if that is incorrect thx!)

- lives were on the line if you refuse?" He smirked at the sight of a trembling Draco. "Or maybe I could get rid of Potter instead?"

"Don't you dare touch him!" Draco screeched and stood up, immediately pulling his wand out and sticking it at the pale monster's head.

"I won't have to, Draco" Voldemort seethed and clasped his bony fingers around Draco's wrist. "I won't lay a hand on your precious Potter. Not unless you agree, anyway."

Draco hated this feeling.

He felt vulnerable.

He felt exposed.

He felt threatened.

He lowered his wand slowly and looked into those dark empty eyes. Eyes that have been haunting the dreams of the few of his surviving victims.

Victims like Harry.

"If I agree..." Draco choked in a sob. He would not cry infront of this snake. He refused to break. "Harry and my parents will be spared?"

"Of course" Voldemort lied. "I won't lay a hand on them. Cross my heart and hope to die" he smiled and crossed his fingers on his chest in a sarcastic manner.

Draco knew he would regret this until the day he would die.

But if it meant keeping Harry alive... He would do it a thousand times over and over.

"I- I accept..."

• • • • • • • • • •

Short chapter, I know...

Please insert confusion, anger and criticism here: [           ]

Happy reading!