Chapter 9

"Ron, where the hell were you!?" Hermione whispered harshly once Ron entered the classroom and took a seat.

"I had to use the bathroom" he shrugged, hoping it was believable enough.

Hermione sighed and turned her attention back to the textbook laid out infront of her. Ron was just in time, actually. As soon as he got his books out the Professor walked through the door, immediately silencing the chatting classroom.

"Good morning, class" he greeted. "I apologise for being late, I had a small problem with students out of their classes..."

"Anyway" he cut himself off. "Please copy the following notes and I will start explaining"

Meanwhile...

"This is all your fault"

"Don't even start, Malfoy"

They watched as the Professor scribbled down into the huge brown book.

14 Points from Slytherin & 10 from Gryffindor.

"Don't let this happen again" She warned. "Now get to class"

That's where we were going before you came along. Harry thought angrily.

"This never would've happened if you didn't trip" Draco commented as they left the office.

"Me!?" He scoffed. "You're the one who didn't slow down when I asked you to"

"And you're the one who walks too slow" Draco scoffed.

Yeah? Well..." Harry groaned. "You- you're an arse"

This time it was Harry who was mentally slapping himself.

"Oh, is that right?" He smirked, only earning a scowl from the brunette.

After a few minutes of walking in silence Draco stopped inches away from the door.

"What are you doing?"

"Why don't we just ditch?" Draco suggested boringly. Harry looked at him for a moment, silently asking him to elaborate. "There's five minutes left until the end of class and we've already had enough points removed from our houses." He explained.

"Going in there now would just get more removed, and besides" he grinned. "We have an off period after this anyway"

Harry sighed, knowing that the blonde had a point. "Fine."

"But if we get cought again I will hex you" he threatened.

"Yeah, yeah" Draco whined and started dragging Harry passed the class and down the empty corridor.

"Where exactly are we going?" Harry asked curiously once he regained his balance and cought up next to Draco.

"You'll see" he said, quickly glancing back at Harry. The smirk on Draco's lips sent a chill through his body; but not necessarily the bad kind...

***

"This is stupid" Draco commented as Harry started restacking the chess set.

"You said that about exploding snap too" Harry sighed. "What exactly do you do when you have an off period?"

"Read?" Harry laughed.

"Yeah, actually" he shrugged.

Harry stared at him for a moment, trying to find any indication that he was joking.

"Oh my gods" he began laughing again. "You and Hermione would make such a fun couple"

Draco stared at Harry and ducked his head down back towards the chess set. "She's not exactly my type" he frowned.

"What do you mean? I always see you staring at her during dinner"

Draco snickered quietly, but it quickly escalated into a full laugh.

Harry was extremely confused.

"What's so funny?"

Draco slowly stopped laughing as a crimson red blush crept onto his cheeks. He was never staring at Hermione - infact, he never even noticed her sitting with them half of the time.

"Draco..." Harry started. "If it's not Hermione, then who are you always looking at?"

Harry knew it wasn't Ginny. Draco despised the Weaslette.

Merlin alone knows why. Harry scoffed quietly.

It couldn't have been Luna, because she didn't always join them at their table...

Draco looked at their wrists; the slight flickering of the light casted small shadows against their skin.

Draco didn't know how to answer this. He couldn't let Potter... It would make everything he's been trying to conceal for the last few years all come to the surface.

"I..." He stuttered, his cheeks flushing more red with every passing second.

"You what?" Harry asked eagerly. He wouldn't want to admit it, but he was scared to know the answer. He wondered what "special girl" had cought his attention...

He wanted to roll his eyes at his own thought.

She must be pretty damn special if she has captivated "The prince of Snakes" But the answer that came out of Draco's mouth wasn't what he was expecting;

at all.

"I was looking; at..."

"You"