Chapter 31, part 2

"Well if it isn't Pitty-Potter" the voice sneered. "I see you've gotten yourself a boyfriend? Not surprised really - I always knew you were a fag."

"Dudley" Harry breathed quietly, slowly turning around to look at his cousin.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Draco asked, annoyance clearly laced in his tone.

"You heard me, blondie" Dudley spat.

Draco tried to step closer to the muggle, but Harry's firm grip on his wrist held him in place.

"Draco, don't" Harry pleaded. "He just wants attention, can we please just g-"

"Draco?" Dudley laughed. "What kind of a stupid name is that supposed to be?"

"Well it's not like yours is any better" Draco stated. "Dud. Ley." He spelled out for himself.

"And here I thought muggles had no sense of creativity."

Dudley stepped up to the Slytherin, a sickening grin plastered on his face. "Say that one more time, I didn't quite catch that" he barked.

"Dudley, stop" Harry said. "We're not looking for a fight-"

"- Oh but I am" he interrupted. "Why don't you come out from behind your bodyguard, Potter? I'm sure you must've picked up something from my father after all these years."

Draco stiffened at the words and glanced between Harry and the boy; "Listen, Dud, I don't know what you're trying to do here - but I suggest you keep your damn trap shut next time. It avoids getting into situations like this..."

Dudley eyed the blonde with an arched brow. "Situations like wh-"

"Draco, no!"

~ Meanwhile ~

"- se? Blaise? Blaise!?" Hermione yelled, pulling the Slytherin out of his daze.

"What?" He mumbled, looking around at the concerned faces around him.

"Are you alright, mate?" Pansy asked while glancing between him and Ron.

"Y-yeah, I'm okay" Blaise smiled. "I was just thinking about tomorrow... You know; with the thing..."

Everyone nodded, immediately knowing what the the Slytherin was hinting at.

"Okay, well we should all probably get going to the common rooms - dinner ended two minutes ago and we're still standing in the middle of the corridor" Hermione pointed out after a moment of silence.

"Yeah yeah" Pansy muttered before kissing the Gryffindor's temple. "Sweet dreams, I'll see you tomorrow in the library."

"Night" Hermione smiled. "And please remember to bring your Alchemy textbook this time!" She yelled as the Slytherin walked off.

"You got it, babe!" Pansy snickered and turned around the corner.

Hermione shook her head and looked up at Ron. "I'll see you tomorrow morning too - you two probably want a moment alone." She smiled; clearly knowing what Blaise had been thinking about during the entire conversation.

"Thanks, 'mione" Ron smiled back. "See you..." He mumbled before giving her a quick hug.

"Bye, Blaise" Hermione added before running down the corridor.

A few moments of silence between the two boys passed before Blaise finally cleared his throat.

"So, uh- About tomorrow..." He trailed off.