Chapter 38

All I have to say is "holy shit" and "what am I doing again?"

Hope you all are doing okay and that you are taking care of yourselves; because if you aren't taking care of yourself I will find you and lecture you about it while I'm making you pancakes. (Or any other food. Idk. The point is that you should take care of yourself.)

Happy reading!

• • • • • • • • • •

Sunset had finally come, and there was still no sign of Theodore or Vivian even leaving the castle grounds. This made Harry and Draco even more agitated than they originally were.

Of course Draco was dealing with the situation from a whole other point of view - he had to get that vile. He didn't even want to think about what would happen if he failed the task before it even begun.

"Maybe they went to the great hall already" Harry suggested with hopeful eyes. "Dinner will be starting soon..."

Draco smiled warmly and kissed Harry's forehead; immediately making the Gryffindor blush.

"You really need to stop kissing me out of the blue" Harry muttered.

"Where's the fun in that?" Draco smirked and tangled their fingers together as he began leading them towards the Great hall.

"Did they forget that we're here - or..." Ron muttered while fiddling with the sleeves of the oversized sweater, and glanced over at the new couple who were paying no attention to anything in particular. If Blaise doesn't get back soon, I swear to Merlin I will- "Nevermind. I guess I'll just walk to dinner by myself."

~ Meanwhile ~

Blaise felt drained once his eyes focused on his reflection.

He had the same empty look in his eyes like Draco had the day he got back; and his cheeks were still stained with the dried streaks of tears. He couldn't remember coming up to his room, so he assumed that he must've passed out after receiving the horrid mark.

"That's funny. Draco said the same thing when I fist proposed the idea."

"But with a bit of... Negotiation... He came around. I'm sure there is something I can give you in return."

Blaise wondered what Voldemort had offered Draco; most likely something to do with his mother or Harry - but that didn't seem likely.

After all, The Dark Lord had made it his personal mission to kill Harry. Why would he offer protection?

'pop'

Blaise cocked his head to the side and was greeted by a nervous house elf wearing one of his old pillowcases from when he was in third year.

"Mrs Zabini has sent for Master Blaise" The house elf trembled slightly. "Dinner is ready."

Dinner? Blaise froze. How long was I out for? "Thank you, Shelly. I'll be down in a minute."

The house elf nodded and left the room with another loud 'pop'.

Blaise glanced at the mirror in disgust before making his way out the room.

The stairs creaked underneath him while the expensive chandeliers only casted dim dying lights - the perfect lighting to describe his physical and emotional state. When he finally reached the dining hall he felt slight relief at seeing his mother alone at the table.