Chapter 28

Snape's anxious gaze kept trailing towards the blonde sitting with the Golden Trio. He knew that once he broke the news to him; that smile would surely disappear...

The time had finally come — Draco had received his first task.

The dark haired man tried his best to avoid the knowing glances from Dumbledore, but it pained them both to know what the students seated infront of them were up to. Unfortunately, this time, they couldn't intervene.

Snape had tried his best to keep track of the few students he knew had already received the mark; but little did he know how many of the witches and wizards had already agreed — and those who had already received their tasks.

***

Draco would be lying if he said that he didn't notice the glimpses he had received from his Godfather during breakfast. He tried to brush it off, but something was telling him that the snake back at the manor had finally sent his instructions.

Malfoy had no idea what he would be getting himself into, but as his Potions period dawned on him he could feel an unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach...

"- Class dismissed" The Charms Professor stated with a bored look plastered on his face. "Now remember to hand in your assignment by next Thursday!"

Opal looked at the Blonde Slytherin infront of her and tapped her shoulder lightly, quickly gesturing to the boy packing up at the other end of the classroom.

"Now!?" Vivian whispered harshly. "I thought you said-"

"- I did!" Opal barked softly. "But the plan has changed"

Vivian looked unsure, doubtful even, to what the Hufflepuff was saying. It was rather ironic really; Opal wasn't really the sweet and kind type in most circumstances...

'but then again I guess your attitude is bound to be sour when He is threatening your only relative' Vivian thought bitterly as she swayed over to Blaise.

"Hey, Blaise!" She cheered just as the Slytherin was about to walk out.

"Oh... Uh- Hi?" Blaise wasn't in the mood to talk to Vivian right now. Especially since he now has a boyfriend, and she tends to be rather... Flirty.

"How have you been?" She smiled. "You know, after we changed partners and things" she giggled awkwardly.

Blaise gave an awkward nod before heading out into the corridor. "I've actually been great, what about you?" Despite this girl getting on his nerves, he didn't want to be a complete arse to her...

"I've been fine" She stated, her smiling faltering for a split second. "Oh, I heard you and- uh... Weasley? Yeah, Weasley, got together?"

The boy felt slightly more relieved now that she knew that he was unavailable. "Yup. We did."

Vivian nodded excitedly and twirled a strand of hair behind her ear. "Listen, I'm really sorry if I made you uncomfortable while we were working together... I had no idea you were-"

"- Gay?" Blaise quickly finished her sentence. "Don't worry, neither did I." He chuckled.

"It's a long story" He waved his hand dismissively once he saw the girl's confused stare.

"Right" she sighed and looked over to Opal who was standing outside the classroom, tapping her foot impatiently.

' I can't do this! ' Vivian thought shamefully. Fully knowing that she was going to get an earful from Opal later, she aborted.

"Anyway, I just wanted to say that I hope you two are happy together! You make a cute couple."

Blaise was a bit taken aback at her words, but smiled at the Slytherin nonetheless. "Thank you, Vivian. And I'm sure you'll find someone too. You're a sweet girl. I'll see you around."

And with that, Vivian watched as Blaise disappeared behind the first corner.

"What the bloody hell was that, Vivian!?" Vivian spun around and was met with the cold amber eyes of Opal, her anger and fear taking control of her actions...

• • • • • • • • • •

Hi!

I am so sorry about not updating recently. My wattpad was acting weird and I couldn't write or publish anything 😖😒

I'm trying to rewrite all the lost unpublished chapters, but in the meantime: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS/COMMENTS/VOTES. I'm really glad that you're enjoying the story!

I hope you all are doing well and that you are taking care of yourselves!

Happy reading!