Chapter 17

"I can't believe she said that!" Ron growled as she entered the great hall, making his way towards Hermione and the others. "Like- she actually said that!"

"Ron, what in Merlin's name are you blabbering about?" Pansy groaned once she swallowed her glass of pumpkin juice.

"Ginny!" Ron stated and threw his arms up in the air. "Ever since the thing between her and Harry, she's been a bloody pain in the arse!"

"What about me?" Harry asked curiously as he and Draco approached the table.

"Apparently Ginny has done something to aggravate Ron and now he won't shut up about it" Pansy stated and looked over at Hermione. "Right, 'mione?"

Hermione's head snapped towards her and her cheeks flushed slightly. "I'm sorry what? I wasn't listening..." She said sheepishly while gesturing to the book in her hands.

Blaise let out a stifled laugh and scooted over for Ron to take a seat; Ron immediately obliging.

"Wait- when did you two happen?" Harry's eyes widened as he saw his friend getting all chummy with the Slytherin.

"A couple of weeks ago" Hermione stated proudly. "Isn't it adorable, Pansy?"

Pansy scolded and folded her arms. "If you're going to keep rubbing the bet in my face I will not hesitate to hex you."

"Oi! Why wasn't I part of this bet?" Draco protested, sarcasm carefully laced in his tone.

Before Pansy could make another sly remark, the familiar nasal voice of Theodore cut through the crowd — making everyone visibly stiffen with annoyance.

"They probably just wanted to save you from the embarrassment when you loose" he snickered.

"Fuck off" Draco snarled.

"What's the matter, Malfoy?" Theodore pouted. "Having boy trouble?"

Something in Draco snapped. It was almost like Theodore knew about what happened last night. Before Draco could stand up, Harry clutched his arm — silently pleading him to calm down.

"What do you want, Theodore?" Harry asked, his annoyance clearly showing in his tone.

"Nothing" He smirked. "I just enjoy seeing your boyfriend squirm."

Before he turned back towards the Slytherin table, he sent a glance towards Pansy and his lips tugged into a sickening grin — Hermione noticed that Pansy was clenching her jaw and silently begging him to leave. It was as clear as day:

They had a history; and whatever happened... Theodore still had a hold on her.

***

"Draco..." Harry whimpered.

A few hours had passed since dinner and Draco seemed to be in a terrible mood all day — the encounter with Nott only seemed to aggravate him more.

"Hmm?" Draco hummed sleepily in response.

"What happened during my nightmare?"

Draco's eyes widened and he turned towards the Gryffindor — he knew what Harry meant by that, and he felt his chest tightening as he realized that their "talk" had not been resolved. The room might have been dark, but Draco could see all Harry's feelings swarming behind his forest green eyes.