Chapter 3

"ME!? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO STARTED IT!" Draco yelled.

"Well, you're the one being a prick!"

"Okay guys, lets save this for after school, yeah!?" Ron yelled over the two.

Hermione sighed and calmly walked away with no interest of getting involved; Zabini slowly following.

"I bet you two galleons that Draco is going to cast the first spell." He bargained.

"Only two? That's hardly a challenge"

"Okay, how about five?"

"Getting warmer"

He laughed and gave her a mischievous grin. "I didn't take you for a gambler, Granger"

She rolled her eyes and stopped by the fork in the hallway, raising a brow and tilting her head.

"Then it's clear you don't pay attention very often" she smiled. "Oh, and you owe me five galleons"

"What-"

A flash of pale blue sparks flew across the hallway as Harry shot the first spell. Zabini sighed and turned back to Hermione, who had by then disappeared down the hall.

***

"You really are pathetic, you know that?" Pansy commented as she dabbed a cotton ball on his forehead.

Draco rolled his eyes and flinched at the sudden sting.

"You know, Potter may be right. You really are a crybaby" she scoffed.

"Hey!"

She turned back and handed him the potion Madame Promfrey had given her earlier. "I'll see you in class"

"Yeah, okay"

Once she finally exited the room Draco swallowed down the potion, immediately gagging at the taste.

It would've been easier if she just used  Episkey instead of a revolting healing potion.

***

"Where is that prick" Draco groaned under his breath.

He was the first to make it to Snape's office. Although he was the first in the class, he didn't want to risk having their punishment extended to another month — spending one minute with Potter is long enough to drive him mad — and he did not mean that in just a bad way...

"Malfoy" Harry scowled once he finally entered the class.

"What the hell took you so long!?"

"Unlike you, I actually have a life I have to take care of first."

"That's new"

They both fell into a suffocating silence as they waited for Snape to finally arrive.

Harry took this time to look around the office, he had only seen it briefly a couple of times and never really paid close attention to it whenever he was inside.

The shelves were neatly stacked with a variety of potions, containers, book, cauldrons and many other tools he used in his class.
A few minutes later the Professor had finally arrived.

"Glad to see my office is still in one piece"

Draco rolled his eyes and watched silently as he began to take out the necessary ingredients for the spell.

"Be warned that this is a very powerful spell, so do not attempt to remove it."

Harry glared at Draco. What did I do to deserve this? He smiled as he recalled all their encounters and took it back.

Maybe this was karma or something?

...

Definitely "or something".

"Give me your wrists" Snape ordered gently.

Harry wasn't exactly sure how a bounding spell worked, but he never thought he would learn about it in these circumstances...

"Today would be nice, Mr Potter" Snape growled, immediately pulling Harry out of his thoughts.

"Right. Sorry, professor..."

Both Harry and Draco now had their wrists reached out infront of them, the steam from the cauldron flowing gracefully against their skin.

"Now hold still"

They watched in amazement as a bright golden ring transformed around their arms, latching them together in a permanent spell.

For a moment, Harry had forgotten this was a punishment as he watched the bound glowing dimly between the steam.

"Would you stop smiling, Potter? One might think you're actually enjoying this." Draco grinned.

"Shut up, Malfoy."

When the spell was complete the golden circle now floated around their wrists.

"Enjoy your three months" Snape said simply and headed for the door.

"Wait!" Draco yelled once realisation hit him... "How do you expect us to use the bathroom!?"

Harry's cheeks flushed bright red at the thought — going to the bathroom together!?

No thank you...

"Now that's not my problem, is it?"