Chapter 19

"I thought we weren't going to get it removed until-" Harry was cut off from Snape's monotoned voice.

"- That was the plan, Mr Potter. Unfortunately some family emergency has come up and Draco is required to return home for the time being."

Draco stiffened at the mention of his family — his mother and father doesn't know about him being gay... He didn't even want to imagine their reaction if they ever found out about him and Harry.

'What if they have found out?' Draco thought nervously.

"- understand, Malfoy?" Snape's voice pulled him back to reality.

"W-what?" Draco stuttered anxiously.

Snape sighed and muttered "nevermind" while preparing the reversal spell for their bound.

Harry had noticed Draco's change in behavior once Snape mentioned his parents, but decided not to question it... Not until they were alone, anyway.

"Wrists" Snape ordered, and they immediately complied.

Just like before, they watched as the steam swirled around their wrists — when it all cleared the bound was gone.

Before anyone else could get a word in, Snape began ordering them around, "Potter, I suggest you get back to class while Mr Malfoy starts packing. Your parents expect to see you at five, so you only have a couple of minutes to get ready." Snape stated plainly while looking at Draco. "You are excused."

***

"This feels weird" Harry stated while inspecting his wrist.

After leaving Snape's office, Draco returned to the dungeons to collect a few things for his trip.

Draco smiled and looked over at the Gryffindor who was lazily draped across the bed; it looked strange to see his faded red uniform against the green shades of the dormatries.

"I thought you said you were going to class."

"No. Snape said I was going to class." Harry replied matter-of-factly.

"Then maybe you should start listening to your professors" Draco smirked as he walked over to Harry.

"You're one to talk" Harry scoffed.

"C'mon" Draco pulled Harry up and placed a quick kiss on his forehead. "I will not have you miss classes while I'm gone."

"Maybe I'll consider going if you give me a proper kiss..." Harry smirked and trailed his hand towards the blonde's neck, slowly pulling him closer.

Draco waisted no time in complying.

The kiss was slow and meaningful; but that immediately changed as Harry's breath hitched slightly when Draco's tongue traced his bottom lip — but this time Harry thought it might be fun to tease  the Slytherin...

Draco groaned when Harry didn't oblige, and began pushing the brunette back. When Harry felt the bed's frame hit the back of his legs, he let out a surprised yelp — Draco, of course, took the opportunity to begin exploring Harry's mouth once again.

Just as Harry began tugging on Draco's hair, a knock on the door stopped them from going any further.

"Fucking cock block" Harry growled softly and pulled away.

"A- what?" Draco frowned at his boyfriend's choice of words.

"I'll explain when you get back" Harry chuckled and pecked his lips one last time. "See you soon."

"Bye..." Draco muttered with a smile.

And with that, Harry was replaced with Snape entering the room. "Are you ready, Draco?"

Draco flinched at the use of his first name. Sure, Snape was his godfather... But he only used his first name outside school grounds or whenever something was wrong.

He nodded and shrunk his crate. Snape cocked his head towards the door and Draco hurried out the room.

"Before you jump to any conclusions, no" Snape said in a hushed tone. "They don't know about you and Potter."

Draco relaxed slightly, but it still agitated him. Why did his parents need him now?

"Do you know why they want to see me?" Draco asked cautiously.

Snape sighed and shook his head. "No."

"You're lying." Draco observed.

"Whatever is going on between you and your parents is none of my business. All I know is that they want to talk to you about something. What it is; I can't be too sure."

They approached the fireplace and Snape handed Draco the floo powder. He knew that whatever happened once Draco arrived at the manor, would set the course of fate for the next few years at Hogwarts — not to mention the fate of the entire wizarding world.

All he could do was hope that once the time came, Draco would be brave enough to make the right choice.