Chapter 42

I couldn't figure out what to do with this chapter; then decided on giving some information on Christmas break since a whole lot of shit happened.

This chapter has a lot of time skips between the present story and everything that happened during Christmas break... I hope it doesn't get too confusing.

Happy reading!

• • • • • • • • • •

Christmas break

Hogsmeade station was buzzing with students as they waited for the train's arrival.

"Draco, would shut up about Potter already?" Blaise rolled his eyes. "You're handling this crush like a bloody first-year student."

"What in Merlin's name makes you think I have a crush on Potter?" Draco scoffed with a disapproving frown.

Pansy grinned and slung her arm around the blonde's shoulders. "Yeah, Blaise. How can you think that?. I mean - why on earth would he like Harry Potter and his Nimbus Two Thousand; special permission from Dumbledore so he could play for Gryffindor."

Draco frowned and opened his mouth to reply, but Blaise quickly cut in.

"We know, we know - he's only on the team because he's famous" Blaise smirked. "Famous for having a stupid scar on his forehead."

"Everyone thinks he's so smart!" Pansy whined sarcastically. "Wonderful Pottah with his scar and broomstick-"

"- Shove off!" Draco yelled with crimson cheeks and pushed the dark haired girl towards Blaise.

His two, so-called, friends snickered and looked over at the Golden trio.

"I have to admit though" Pansy rolled her eyes. "He does look stupid with that scar."

"And his hair" Blaise added. "Looks like he doesn't even own one hairbrush."

Draco scowled. "I do not have a crush on Potter."

Pansy sighed in defeat and played with the rim of her green and silver striped scarf as the clattering sounds of the Hogwarts Express approached

"Thank Merlin" Draco muttered and grabbed his luggage.

~ With the Golden trio ~

"Chin up, Harry" Hermione smiled sympathetically as they walked towards the train. "I know it's not exactly great-"

"- understatement" Ron muttered.

"Not helping" She scowled. "Anyway - we'll write everyday. A-and I'm sure that Mrs Weasley wouldn't mind if you decided to visit."

"She'd actually be thrilled" Ron chimed. "Why don't you just come with us? It'll be a lot better with us."

Harry shook his head. "It's alright. I can't hide from the Dursleys forever-"

"- I said stop!" Draco whined from the the line that stood infront of the train.

Ron scoffed. "I wonder what's got Malfoy's knickers in a twist."