Chapter 2

"If you would have calmed down like I told you to, you wouldn't be in this mess" Hermione stated.

The Golden trio were currently sitting in the common rooms infront of the cracking fire. Harry had just gotten back and explained what Snape was planning - neither of them too keen on the idea.

"Can you please not remind me of what an idiot I am" Harry whined.

"Better not let Malfoy hear that, it's dangerous to make him think he can be right" Ron snorted.

Harry was everything but amused.

"This day can't get any worse." Harry groaned as he fell back onto the couch, his head pushed into the red and golden pillows.

"Oi, Mate, don't jinx it" Ron half-joked. He knew Harry didn't like Malfoy - he didn't either but that's a story for another day - so these three months would be absolute hell for him.

"Maybe you two could try to apologise..." Hermione started, but immediately cut herself off when she realised who exactly she was talking about. "...no, wait. That's not going to happen..."

They looked at Harry and sighed. How bad could it really be?

"This is all his fault!" Harry's muffled voice growled between the pillows, only earning a laugh as a response from Ron and Hermione.

Meanwhile in the Slytherin common room

"Three months isn't that long" Pansy said, trying her best to calm down the raging blonde.

"With my luck Potter will show up late and make it four" he grumbled.

Zabini let out a soft scoff and looked at Draco. "In my defense, I did try to stop you" He stated.

"And your point is?" Draco glared.

"Just saying, you brought this on yourself when you pulled that prank"

"But it was just a prank, Potter should learn not to be such a crybaby in the future" Pansy said simply as she sided with Draco - like she usually did.

Zabini looked at Pansy with a sigh and shook his head. "You're not helping."

Draco huffed and placed his head in his hands. "This is all his fault!"

***

The Great Hall was filled with loud clattering as the students talked over the gourmet breakfast. Harry stumbled over to the Gryffindor table where Ron and Hermione were seated - it was clear that Harry didn't sleep one bit of last night.

"Morning" he mumbled as he took a seat.

"Hi..." Ron replied cheerfully, his mouth filled with bacon.

Hermione shot him a simple smile and returned back to her book.
Harry's eyes trailed across the hall in search of the familiar blonde...

He wasn't seated in his usual spot.

"Where's Malfoy?" Harry blurted out, immediately earning confused looks from both Ron and Hermione. "What?"

"If I were you, Mate, I would enjoy my day as best as I can since it's going to be your last" Ron stated.

"You make it sound like I'm on death row"

"Well, it is Malfoy we're talking about"

Hermione rolled her eyes and failed miserably to hide her grin.

"He has got a point, Harry" she smiled.

"Yeah, yeah."

They continued to eat and talked about what classes they had planned out for the day.
It was at least five minutes before breakfast would end, when Malfoy stumbled into the hall.

Harry watched as he took a seat at the Slytherin table and quickly chucked down a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Draco, why are you so late?" Pansy whispered.

"I overslept"

"Really? Judging by the bags under your eyes, it looks like you didn't sleep at all."

"Can we please talk about this later!?" He hushed.

Pansy sighed and pushed her plate to the side as she through her satchel on the table, rushing through the contents she pulled out a vile.

"Drink this, it'll make you look... Well... Presentable."

Draco lifted his brow, but obliged.

"That is disgusting" he groaned once he swallowed.

"Good. Now get your head straight and eat up. We have potions first."

Draco nodded and turned his head away from Pansy, locking eyes with Potter in a matter of seconds.

Harry jerked his head back to Ron and Hermione - who were both lost in their own conversation.

"-right, Harry?" Ron asked.

"Umm... What was the question?"

"Nevermind" they both laughed looking at a confused Harry before finishing their breakfast and heading to their first classes.

***

"Bloody idiot" Ron huffed under his breath.

"No, I think that's you, Ron" Hermione laughed as they walked out of the DATDA classroom.

"Shut up" he joked, slightly nudging her shoulder. Before he started to say something to Harry he noticed the brunette wasn't next to him or Hermione. "Where's Harry?"

"You are impossible!"

"There he is" Hermione sighed as she looked back.