Chapter 27

Draco's pov

"I trusted you!" Harry screamed as tears fell down his face.

"Harry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen!" I cried and looked down at the neverending battle going on behind us. "I just wanted to protect you..."

"And the others?" Harry questioned. "What about Blaise...? Pansy? Hermione and Ron!? THEY'RE ALL DEAD BECAUSE OF YOU!"

"Harry, I-"

Chill it's just a dream...

Draco woke up with a cold sweat and a trembling breath. He looked around frantically at his surroundings and sucked in a sharp breath.

It was just a nightmare. Draco sighed and looked over at Harry — who was not asleep.

"Merlin!" Draco flinched once his eyes met Harry's. "You scared me."

"I scared you?" Harry scoffed. "Draco, you were practically thrashing around the bed like a damn ragdoll."

Draco looked down and whispered an apology; tears threatening to spill down.

"Draco, I'm worried about you..." Harry whispered. "You've been having these nightmares ever since you got back."

It's been about three weeks since Draco returned back from the manor, and his nerves had only gotten worse.

His orders still haven't arrived and Quinton is still screwing around with Draco. There hasn't been any more comments from Ginny or Theodore; but Pansy still seems to disappear from time to time. Blaise and Ron are still in their honeymoon phase and are happily running off to Hogsmeade every time they get the chance — it's cute, but sometimes Draco senses that Blaise is scared whenever Ron isn't around.

What he is scared of? Only he knows; but Draco had a feeling that it had something to do with his upcoming trip back to his mother's — another "family emergency" she's calling it.

Harry still hadn't told him about the "conversation" he had with Ginny in the dorms, but he figured that Draco didn't need another thing to push him over the edge.

"I know I said that I'd give you time, but... I need to know what happened when you were away." Harry stated.

"Harry... I- I can't" Draco whimpered. "I really want to, believe me when I say that."

"If you can't tell me what happened; can you at least tell me what I can do to help?" Harry reasoned. "I hate seeing you like this, Dray."

Draco stayed quiet for a moment before pulling Harry closer and wrapping his arms around him in a protective hug.

"That's the thing" Draco's voice was broken and soft. "I don't know if there's anything you can do..."

"Don't say that, Dray." Harry hushed and hugged the blonde boy closer. "There's always something you can do to make things better. The answer to do that just isn't always clear at first..."

Draco let out a laugh and pulled away to look at Harry. "You sound just like Dumbledore."

"What can I say?" Harry smiled mischievously. "He's a very quotable person."