Chapter 24

Harry screamed and wrenched as he fell against the bathroom mirror, breaking it immediately at the sudden impact.

"Harry!? HarRY WHAT'S GOING ON!?" Ron screamed and rushed over to his best friend.

Harry felt pain crawling through his body and clawing its way from the outside in. He cried out and clenched his forearm while pushing his face between the broken glass to cover his burning scar — Ron's screams and begs slowly fading away into the distance.

A quick shock flung through his body and soon after, everything faded to black...

***

It had been at least seven hours since Ron dragged Harry towards the hospital wing, and Madame Prompfrey had guessed that he wouldn't be waking up anytime soon.

Hermione and Pansy still had a visible tension around them, but chose not to act on it because there were much more important matters at hand. Blaise tried his best to comfort Ron, but the red head kept cursing and whimpering random questions and conclusions.

"I'm afraid that visiting hours are over, you four should get to dinner. You can come back first thing in the morning before classes, okay?" Madame Prompfrey smiled and walked over to the bed across the room to deliver the same message to the other group of students.

"We'll see you tomorrow, okay, Harry?" Hermione knew he probably couldn't hear her, but she babbled on anyway. "Please wake up soon."

~ Meanwhile ~

"M-mum?" Draco winced as consciousness slowly returned to him, and he felt the burning sensation retuning back to his arm.

"Draco, you're awake!" Narcissa sighed in relief and walked over to the paralyzed blonde. Her soft eyes held empathy and guilt as she stared down at him. "I am so sorry... I tried convincing your father to-"

"Mum- mum, calm down" Draco hushed and looked around his room before slowly setting himself up. "What are you talking about?"

Narcissa looked at her son and shook her head, before she could reply the monotoned voice of Lucius Malfoy entered the room. "All in good time, Draco."

"But for now, get some rest. You'll be needing it when you return back to Hogwarts tommorow." Lucius stated dryly and looked at his wife.

"I-I'm going back already?" Draco stuttered in confusion.

"Of course. The dark lord needs you to begin your task as soon as possible." Although Lucius would never admit it to anyone - not even himself - he felt guilty for forcing his son into his mess. He didn't like the idea of Draco being involved with the Deatheaters, but he was one of Voldemort's most trusting recruits.

And whatever he asked of Lucius, he would receive — after all, it was thanks to Voldemort that he had gotten the greatest gift he could ever have the pleasure to receive...

"We'll see you tommorow, Draco, okay?" Narcissa smiled once again. "You can eat breakfast in here if you're still feeling a bit drained in the morning."

Draco watched as his father disappeared out his room without a word, and his mother was clearly upset about something.

Unfortunately it all came back like a flood once he caught sight of the black ink engraved into his skin.

***

"Good morning, Draco!" Dobby chirped once he popped into his room with a tray of breakfast. "Mrs Narcissa told Dobby that Draco is taking breakfast in Draco's bedroom, so Dobby brought it here!"