Chapter 33

The original story idea: Oh yeah - I'm keeping it short and sweet; I think I'll only have thirty chapters or something!

The story now: Can we please just make it through ONE CHAPTER where you don't change the idea because you started taking pity on the characters?

• • • • • • • • • •

Draco paced impatiently around the empty office, searching for any sign of vile 365.

"This is bloody useless" He muttered to himself while searching between the many shelves of magical junk placed on top of them. "I'm never going to find anything in th-"

He cut himself off once he realized that Fawkes had made it back inside the office; staring at Draco with curious eyes.

"I swear to Merlin, if you make one peep I'm going to feed you to the dragons" Draco warned; knowing full well that he wasn't going to get a dragon anywhere close by - or feed Fawkes to it.

Dumbledore would probably feed Draco to said dragons if he found out draco was responsible for Fawkes's disappearance.

Fawkes gave a happy shrill in response and settled himself closer to the Slytherin.

"Look you big dumb bird" Draco groaned and moved on to the next shelf. "I'm just looking for a vile, okay?"

Fawkes cocked his head to the side and let out another beautiful shrill before flying over the blonde's head and towards a large red drape that covered the wall.

"What is it?" Draco frowned and walked over to Fawkes. "I don't have time for your stupid games right now; if you want the window open so badly-" The Slytherin cut himself off once he pulled aside the drape.

A small room covered in shelves and glowing blue viles came into view, making Draco look back at the phoenix in awe.

"Guess you aren't as stupid as I thought" he muttered and entered the room, glancing around at the number plates carved onto the glass survace.

... 359

... 360

... 361

... 362

... 363

... 364

365.

Draco quickly grabbed the vile and spun around, eager to get out of the office before Vivian or Dumbledore could enter.

On his way out he glanced at the row of viles stacked near the entrance of the room; the first one catching his attention with the label " P.W. 1981 "

Draco arched a brow and hesitantly reached for the bright container.

On his way out of the room, he placed the vile 365 on Dumbledore's desk and walked over to the large cauldron on the other side of the room - completely lost in thought once he read the small carvings on the cork.

" 31 October 1981 "

Something was far too familiar to Draco about that date; but he couldn't remember what significance it had to him.