Chapter 1

Anathema /uh-na-thuh-muh/ noun
- something you hate

• • • • • • • • • •

"Harry, calm down!" Hermione yelled, fear and anger laced together in her voice.

"No! I'm going to bloody kill him!" His grasp on his wand tightened as he pointed it at the blonde.

"Such a crybaby, Potter" Draco spat, his wand pointed back at Harry.

"Draco, stop pissing him off more!" Blaise growled as he tried to pull him back.

Everyone was surrounding the two boys, some were cheering them on and some were trying to stop them.
Harry could feel his anger bubbling inside him - slowly increasing with every passing minute.

"Are you just going to stand there, Potter?" Malfoy spat. "Or are you going to do something for once in your life?"

"I could ask you the same thing, Malfoy."

His expression changed drastically from happy and prideful, to anger and pure hatred...

"Damn you, Potter" Draco finally growled.

"Stupefy!" They both yelled at the same time, their spells crashing in a blue light as they connected - throwing them both backwards towards the crowd.

The cheering immediately silenced as footsteps came in cluttering into the hall.

"Fuck" Malfoy breathed under his breath.

Snape.

"Mr Potter" He addressed in his monotonic voice. "Malfoy."

He walked closer and grabbed Harry by his ear before walking over to Draco and mimicking his actions.

"Ow!" Draco yelled as Snape's fingers pierced his ears.

"Who's the crybaby now" Harry muttered with a smile.

"What did you just say!?" Draco yelled, escaping Snape's grasp and tackling Harry to the ground.

Everyone watched as they strangled and hit each other repeatedly - changing positions from time to time as they finally got on top.

Serverus rolled his eyes and pulled out his wand, shooting them a spell that finally got them separated.

"What am I going to do with you?" he groaned, finally holding up the two and dragging them along towards Dumbledore's office.

***

"This is all your fault" Draco groaned in a hushed voice.

"MY FAULT?" Harry spat. "You're the one who started it!"

"Well, you're the one who overreacted!"

"Maybe I wouldn't have overreacted if-"

Their whispering slowly turned to yelling as they growled at each other, finding anyway possible to shift the blame off themselves.