on hold

Hey... Sorry for not updating or anything for the last few months. A lot of things have been going on and I have, regrettably, lost inspiration in this story.

I am so sorry about this, maybe I'll continue this some other time but for now I'm putting this story on hold. I have a few other unpublished fanfictions that I've been working on on the side, so you might be seeing them popping up.

This story was really fun to work on and I am so glad that I decided to start working on it and I do see myself finishing it with an ending that isn't complete crap, because that's all I've been managing to do lately.

Once again, I am so sorry about this. BUT I would like to thank you all for the support! It means so much to me and I love each and every single one of you (even though we have probably never met before 🥲)!!

A special thanks to all the readers who had started this story when I had just started writing it, y'all are amazing!

I have no idea how to end this without feeling like trash, so here is the last part that I have actually managed to write and not hate:

• • • • • • • • • •

It's been a week. With Pansy and Hermione back together, Draco and Harry acting like two lovesick teenagers and Blaise and Ron occasionally "sneaking off" everything seemed a little more normal. Of course, there was still Voldemort and the threat of a war looming over them. Theodore was still scheming, Opal seemed to be on the light side while her brother kept mostly to himself, Vivian still "missing" and the rest of the school starting to buzz with rumours. Nothing has really changed.

"Did you ever write back to Mrs Weasley?" Draco asked one morning as he sat calmly in Harry's lap - his head resting in Harry's shoulder while the Gryffindor played with his hair.

"Yeah, she had heard about the possibility of war and wanted to ask me how I was coping" Harry explained simply; he could feel Draco's brows furrow against his skin.

"Why would she ask- oh. Nevermind" Draco sat himself up right and looked at Harry with a disapproving glare, which Harry knew wasn't completely directed at him. "How can the great saviour not be involved with this?"

"You know I hate that" Harry rolled his eyes, gesturing to the nickname. "And you're involved too, you know. As much as I want to dismiss that."

Draco smiled sadly before settling back in his previous position. "Sorry" he mumbled.

"Me too."

* * *

"Draco" Snape called after their potions period later that day.  The blond looked up from Harry to see the Professor's neutral expression. "May I have a word with you?"

Harry and Draco shared a quick glance, the bustling students making their way out the door seemed to disappear from existence entirely as the Gryffindor said, "I'll wait outside..."

Draco nodded and, reluctantly, let go of Harry's hand - which Snape had only noticed that they had been holding hands now - and scurried towards the large desk. "Yes, Proffesor?" He attempted to sound sarcastic, but, instead, his voice was small. Submissive. In his opinion it was definitely not something that looked good on him.

"Your task" Snape said simply. "Have you... Have you gotten the vile yet?"

Draco swallowed. "N-no."

Snape sighed. "I know your lying, but, good."

Draco stepped back in surprise. "I'm sorry- what?"

"Draco, I know that you don't want this - and I know you care for that Potter boy" Snape said, almost mockingly. "I want you - and your friends - to stay safe, alright? Try to get involved as little as possible and... Keep your nose clean."

"What does my nose-" Shaking his head, Draco assumed it was another muggle term. He then frowned and looked up at his Proffesor. "Sev, what's going on?"

Snape didn't answer, and Draco could feel something unsettling fluttering in the pit of his stomach. Definitely not the kind of butterflies he liked. "Something's coming, isn't there?"

Nodding reluctantly, Snape replied, "I'm afraid that, with Vivian gone and Opal... Well, Merlin alone knows what's going on with her... The time frame of your tasks have been shortened. The entire plan, actually-"

"Snape, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that, no matter what happens, promise me you'll be safe."