Chapter 41

Draco stared blankly at his reflection as the dim lights of the bathroom flickered across his skin; his pale cheeks stained with dirty marks from the sweat and tears.

Another nightmare.

The only sound coming from the large room was his shallow breathing and the whisper of cold water that dribbled down into the drain.

"You look like shit" Theodore snickered as he entered the bathroom.

"I don't have time for your shit right now, Nott" Draco groaned. "Can we just skip to the part where you leave?"

Theodore rolled his eyes and proceeded to fixing his tie in his reflection. "No; but we could skip to the part where I tell you that Harry's story was really touching."

Draco froze. "What are you talking about?"

"Hm?" The dark haired boy hummed innocently. "Oh, I was just commenting on some rather interesting news Wither told me."

"What the fuck did he say?" Draco growled impatiently.

"She" Theodore corrected. "Apparently Opal heard all about your little chat and fancied to get together over a cup of tea and... Share some stories."

"I found it heartbreaking of course" he continued sarcastically. "The poor Golden boy is being abused in his own home? How pathetic. I guess I finally understand why you two got together. You have so much in common-"

"-shut the fuck up!" Draco shoved the boy into the mirror; immediately making it crack due to the sudden hard impact. "I don't know what kind of sick game your playing, but I promise you that I will make your life a living hell if you keep it up."

Theodore chuckled. "Please. You don't need me to ruin your life - you're capable enough of doing it yourself."

"After all, you are betraying Harry by walking around with that thing on your arm."

Draco flinched.

"You didn't really think you were the only one, did you?" Nott scoffed and straightened his uniform. "Typical Malfoy, am I right? Always making everything about themselves."

Draco scowled. "What do you want from me?"

"It's not what I want from you; it's what want from each other."

"The hell is that supposed to mean?" The blonde scoffed. "I'm not in the mood for a riddle, Theodore."

"Oh but, Draco, that's the thing" Theodore cooed in delight. "A Riddle is exactly what we need!"

Draco stared boringly at the brunette.

"I'm taking about Vile 365 - the last memory of Tom Riddle" Theodore sighed impatiently. "When he was still considered human of course."

"W-what does this have to do with anything?" Draco stuttered and took a hesitant step back.

"Look, we both know you don't want to be apart of this - and Voldemort wants that vile destroyed because it holds valuable information that could cost his victory." Theodore explained. "I could help you retrieve the vile."

Draco couldn't help but be suspicious. If there was one thing he had learned over the years, it is that everything has consequences.

There's always something hidden in the fine print.

***

Harry scooped up the oatmeal in his bowl and watched silently as it plopped back down onto the small portions.

"You shouldn't play with your food. It's terrible table manners" Draco teased as he took a seat.

Harry remained quiet. He didn't want to believe that his dream could possibly be a glimpse of what the future held - but all the evidence was there.

"- That was the plan, Mr Potter. Unfortunately some family emergency has come up and Draco is required back home for the time being."

"A panic attack? That's what they're calling it?"

"Draco, you're back!"
"Hey... I heard you had a panic attack while I was away, is everything alright?"

"Dray, wait-"
"What was that about?"

Draco, you do know that I made a promise to your mother that I would protect you if anything were to happen; but that promise does not extend to Potter. Quite the opposite, actually."

"You think I don't know that!? It's all my fault..."

"Dray, talk to me."
"I'm sorry Harry. Yes. Something did happen; but it's just family problems..."

"Draco, I'm worried about you..." Harry whispered. "You've been having these nightmares ever since you got back."
"

Harry... i- i can't" draco whimpered. "i really want to, believe me when i say that."

"What did you get yourself into this time...?"

"Let me rephrase that - what the hell are you doing, and why did Vivian just take that vile...?"

"I know. I'm sorry, okay? I didn't mean for her to get that vile..."

"I need to see Dumbledore"

Draco Malfoy is a Deatheater.

• • • • • • • • • •

So sorry for the short chapter! I'm having a mini panic attack because my cousin started asking about my fanfic... And all they know is that it is about Harry Potter... And not... All of this rainbow.

Then my aunt asked about it.

I'm scared.