Chapter 43

Harry looked down at his plate and sighed. He wasn't hungry. How could he be?

Hermione had spent the entire night crying over Pansy - her eyes were still red and puffy; and she hadn't even bothered to make an effort to get dressed properly. Her socks wrinkled above her ankles, her left shoelace was coming loose, her tie was just draped over her shoulders and her Gryffindor robe hung uncomfortably around her small figure.

Pansy wasn't looking so good either. Her sweater was clung around her hands and her skirt... It looked like she slept in it.

To make matters worse - Draco and Blaise were back at the Slytherin table to try and comfort Pansy. It was like talking to a wall.

Draco sighed and looked over at the Gryffindor table, immediately making eye contact with Harry.

He shook his head.

" Hermione, it'll be alright " Ron tried his best to smile. " Maybe you could talk to her again- "

"- it doesn't matter, Ron " Hermione said softly in a bitter tone. " What's the point of talking to her if she doesn't trust me enough to actually talk to me? "

Harry looked back at Draco, and shook his head.

It was now clear that neither of them were getting anywhere with the two.

It wasn't long before the crowd erupted into exited whispers once the owls started to swoop into the Great hall - dropping newspapers and letters down onto the house tables.

A single letter dropped in front of Draco.

The blonde boy bit his lip nervously and reached for the envelope, his heart slowing down to an uncomfortable rate. He tore the letter open and read over the  three words that was scribbled angrily onto the parchment.

One week left.

The Slytherin didn't need any further information - he knew what it was about. With another sigh he turned to Pansy who was staring emotionlessly at the newspaper in front of her.

That's when he saw the peak of black hiding behind the fabric of her sweater.

Draco frowned and grabbed her arm, surprising both Pansy and Blaise.

" What the hell do you think you're doing, Draco!? " Pansy barked as he began dragging her away from the table; immediately drawing attention from both students and staff.

Blaise stood up and ran after them - ignoring the confused stares they were getting from the other students and teachers.

The trio glanced at one another with worried looks. Then Ron finally said, " I'll go make sure they're okay... "

Harry nodded and turned his attention back to Hermione. " Are you sure you don't want to take a sick day? "

" I'm not sick, Harry " Hermione said in a bitter tone. " Therefore, I can't take a sick day. "

Harry sighed and looked at her fork. She was just scraping the food around the plate in an almost robotic manner.

" 'mione, you have to eat something- "

"- I have to get to class " she cut him off and stood up, hurrying out the Great hall.

Harry stared after her and sighed. " Bloody hell" he muttered.

" Is... Is she alright? " Ginny's voice caught Harry's attention and he looked up, seeing her standing in front of him with a guilty pout.

" She'll be fine " he said bitterly and looked back down at his plate, forcing a piece of bacon in his mouth. But the taste only made him want to gag.

" Harry, please " Ginny pleaded. " How many times do I have to say I'm sorry? I didn't mean for this to happen, and I never meant to tell Hermione- "

"- I'll see you in class " he scowled and stood up to leave, but Ginny only followed after him.

With Ron

" What's going on? " Ron asked Blaise quietly.

Blaise flinched slightly at the red head's sudden appearance and sighed. " Ron, go back to Hermione. She needs your support right now- "

"- Pansy does too " Ron argued. " Now what's going on? " He asked again. This time more demanding.

Zabini glanced back at the silent argument of Draco and Pansy. He sighed again and placed his hand on Ron's back, leading him away from the two.

" I don't know, Ron " Blaise admitted. " How's Hermione holding up? "

" Not great " Ron answered. " Pansy? "

" Not great " Blaise repeated with a sad scoff. " Are... You okay though?" He asked suddenly, making Ron look up at him with furrowed brows.

" Yeah " he forced a smile. " I'm fine- "

"- JUST FUCK OFF! I'M FINE! " Pansy's voice yelled, and the two boys turned to see Draco looking down at the floor. Completely emotionless towards the yelling girl.

Ron looked back at Blaise and sighed. " You should probably go help them. See you in class? "

Blaise smiled thankfully and placed a quick comforting kiss on the boy's forehead. " See you. " He nodded and walked off.

As Ron watched the three friends tal- argue in voiceless words he let out another sigh.

How had things gone from almost perfect to... This?

• • • • • • • • • •

Y'all some shit probably gonna go down in class because EVERYONE is going there...

Hi. Are you still okay? Do I need to make pancakes? Or coffee?

In other pointless news:                     ft. My life

I wrote an art exam today... It is officially possible to fail art.

But hey - at least I can draw an eye.