Chapter 20

The manor was cold and the sun casted a dim light as it pried its way through the curtains.

"Draco!" Narcissa cheered happily once she entered the room. "I'm so glad you could make it. I hope we didn't cause any inconvenience for your studies?"

"Everything is alright, thank you, mother" Draco stated and hugged his mother — it was here where he realized how much his attitude changed whenever he returned home.

"You can go freshen up, your father will be home shortly" she smiled and ushered him towards the door.

"May I ask why I was called over?" He asked warily and looked back at his mother.

"I'm sorry, Draco" she sighed. "I think it might be best if we discussed this when your father is present... It is a family emergency after all" Narcissa smiled and shook her head. "Welcome back, dear."

And with that, she left. Draco watched as she strutted down the hall and into the library — with nothing left to do he gathered his thoughts and made his way towards his room.

"This is going to be one hell of a family emergency" Draco scoffed as he unshrunk his luggage.

~ Meanwhile ~

"Pansy, are you sure you're alright? You've been acting strange lately" Hermione said cautiously, her eyes nervously trailing back to her book.

"I'm fine, 'mione" Pansy sighed. "That git just really knows how to get on my nerves" she let out a dry laugh and brushed it off.

Before Hermione could push the subject further, Ron and Blaise arrived at their table.

"Harry has been moping around all day and I'm- Are you guys fighting?" Ron cit himself off and looked between the two girls.

"Why would we be fighting?"
"Why would they be fighting?" Both Pansy and Blaise asked and looked at Ron.

"I don't know... The tension around you two is- you know what? Forget it." Ron shrugged.

"Are you ever going to get through one thought, without getting distracted?" Blaise chuckled and draped his arm around Ron's shoulders.

"Probably not" He smiled and looked over at Harry's table. "Have you guys noticed how mopy he is today? It's really weird seeing him like this when it's not even time for him to-"

"Ron!" Hermione scolded before Ron could continue.

"What are you talking about?" Pansy arched a brow. "Time for him to what?"

"It's nothing" Hermione smiled and shot a quick glare at Ron. "We better go check up on him."

"Hey, Harry, is everything okay?" Blaise smiled as he pulled Ron closer.

Before Harry could answer Hermione cut off his thoughts, "what's that?"

Everyone looked down at the small parchment in Harry's hand.

"It's, uh- a note from Ginny..." Harry frowned. "She wants to talk to me by the lake."

"Oh hell no!" Ron shouted and pulled away from Blaise. "She has been nothing but horrible to us since she found out about you and Malfoy."

Harry nodded and crumbled the parchment in his hand. "You're right. If she has something to say she should say it to all of us."

"That's... Not what I was saying..." Ron mumbled and shook his head.

"Whatever" Pansy grinned and scanned between the five of them. "I'm hungry. Anyone want to go and find something to eat?"

"I could eat" Blaise nodded. "And he's always hungry so it's a win-win" he teased while gesturing to Ron.

"I'm not always hungry!" Ron defended.

"You totally are" Harry and Hermione agreed.

• • • • • • • • • •

I am so sorry for not updating, I have had zero ideas but then I felt guilty for not updating so... Yeah.

I hope you all are having a good day/night (whatever time it is)

Happy reading!