Suspicion

"What brought you here my dearest old friend" Cana said with beer in hand.

Lucy didn't get get enough of sleep yesterday and choose to wake up earlier than she usually do. She left a note for Natsu's sake and sneak out off the Dragneels' Estate. With the unexpected encounter last night, she couldn't help but to raise suspicion against Zeref. Everything about him is darkly mysterious. She want to get rid of this suspicion she has and hopefully praying that what she thought about him is all wrong.

After considering everything, there's only one way to found out and only one person that comes to her mind who knows how to dig the hell out of a person's secret.

"I see you're still sober" Lucy retorted.

"But not for too long" Cana replied cheekily and hugged Lucy.

They hugged each other for a moment before Cana lead Lucy to the nearest bar counter and ordered drinks.

"No drinks please. It's too early in the morning to be drunk" Lucy commented.

"Psssh! Killjoy. You can here because you need somethng. Now, I need you to accompany me because again you need me and not the other way around my little goldfish" Cana emphasized and received drinks she ordered.

Lucy nod her head in disagreement but accepted the offer nonetheless with an amuse smile.

"You really now how to make people can't say no to you''

"What can I say, it's my charm"

"Pfft, charm my ass" and they chuckled together like old times.

They exchanged conversation about how they have been these past few months and being Cana, she's having the fun of her life. A daughter of a master gambler who owns a bar and illegal gambling cites behind the bush. You couldn't possibly think that a normal girl would be raised and cultivated here, do you? She's a version of his father trapped in a girl's body. She's wise and clever with dirty tricks she always pull within her sleeves in times of emergency. But she's also loyal and reliable friend especially on this kind of circumstances. 

"So how's your old man?" Lucy asked.

" Good, I think. He's at Serene Casino digging the pockets out of those foolish rich bastards. I really don't care as long as he won't bug me. We're good''

Cana and his father has a weird kind of daughter-father relationship. They don't see each other very often and when they met it is because they're both on the same gamble. They must not stay in one place for long or else they'll end up arguing on stupid little things. However, Cana really care for her father. Ever since her mother died from giving birth of her, her father took good care of her on his own way. He took her in wherever gamble he's in and that is where Cana fall in love in gambling too. She's very good in cards and she want to be a master gambler too like her father. That is why she have decided that she'll make her own way to be just like that without her father's shadow to support her. Her passion for alcohol has come on second place after that.

"So, what business do you come here for?" Cana said before Lucy could speak up. Taking a sip, Lucy take a deep breath before explaining.

"You know Natsu?"

"Yes, your pink haired boyfriend"

Lucy glared at her but Cana just smirked with i-know-everything look.

"He actually has a brother. Half brother..."

"And?"

"I accidentally heard his conversation about business related matters and... he mentioned Zancrow's name" Lucy eyed her seriously.