Until

Driving the car to it's full speed, they continue to trail Zeref's car. The both cars were in full speed both not letting one another to get what they wanted. As the back view of the car came into view, Natsu ordered Gray with an idea in his mind.

"Gray, bring this car nearer to them. Am gonna shot the wheels.''

"On it!"

Gray pushed some more the pedal to earn the fast they wanted. Succeeding with the goal, Natsu proceed his plan.

*BANG*BANG*

Natsu tried but he did not achieved his wanted result with.

"Shit!" He hissed.

"Give me a more better access! I need a clear shot" He demanded.

Gray drove to the left side of the road to give Natsu the better view and pushed the pedal to it's limit. Both in full speed, the both cars were now side by side.

"Lucy!" Natsu shouted.

A gun shot were instantly shot towards them but they both dodge the  attack and it only broke their back windows. Natsu counterattack them as he shoot them in return very careful not to hit Lucy who was at the backseat of the car with Zeref. The give and take of multiple bullet attacks were simultaneously filled the air. Neither wanting to lose until the enemy managed to have a lucky shot and hit Gray's arm.

Their car gently lose its balance as Gray winced from the sudden pain.

"Gray!!" Natsu shouted.

"I'm fine. Focus on them Natsu!" Gray said  in reassurance but the pain is quite clear in his face.

Natsu once again throw a shot with double intention to kill.

*BANG*BANG*

He knocked out the other men on the front seat.

Natsu half smiled in victorious.

"Now we're even assholes!"

Zeref glared at him from behind and ordered something to the driver.

"Hit their car!"

Following the orders, they deliberately hit Natsu's car on side and doing it continuously until they lose their footing. They trailed them on the back once again.

"Fuck!" Gray cursed under his breath.

"Gray!"

"I know!"

Gray hit the car in full speed wanting to go beside them and close their distance whem their enemy copied their earlier attack.

They shoot their wheels.

Successfully.

Gray lose the balance and continuesly lose their speeding.

Natsu could see a glimpse of Zeref's smirking face. He hissed in anger.

"Stupid!" Zeref said and motioned to the driver.

"Immediately go to the helipad location, we have to get out of here"

"Yes Si—"

The driver didn't managed to end his statement when Lucy abruptly regain energy and snatched away the driving engine. They fight for the price.

Quite startled, Zeref tried to stop Lucy and put her to where she should be. But, he was elbowed hard on his nose making it to bleed.

"The hell with you woman!" He shouted and pulled Lucy's hair in return.

But before he can totally stop her, the last thing happened is that their car lose balance and simultaneously hit a tree.

Natsu saw the whole scene from a far and immediately run to them with horrified look.

"Lucy!" He shouted in despair. Gray's following from behind.

"Lucy!" His mind gone crazy when he saw the dead body of the driver.

"Lucy!!" He shouted in horror as he scan the whole car for anything alive.

But he saw nothing.

"Natsu! They're into the woods!" Gray alarmed pointing their direction.

"Let's go!"

"No. You go after them. I'll only weigh you down. The backups coming their way, I'll be fine. Now go! Bring Lucy back!" Gray stated thoroughly with seriousness.

Natsu stare at him for a second before he gently nod in understanding.

He followed the direction Gray told him where to and the farther he goes the more anxious he can be. He can't thing straight once again as the possible worst nightmare he always have in mind clouded his thinking. The sound of loud waves from shore and the crisp atmosphere of the sea envelopes Natsu's senses, it brings him back to reality. Then as the number of tree decreasing, he saw Zeref's back looking at sea near a cliff.

"Zeref!"

He ran toward his direction and stopped midway with enough distance only blocking their ways.

"At last your here!" Zeref replied and consequently turned around with Lucy in his arm in which he pointed a gun on her head.

Natsu froze.

"Oh, where's you're thrill now? Show it to me. Show it now!" Zeref shouted as he push his gun more accurately on Lucy's head.

"W-wait! Stop! Please I'm begging you!" Natsu replied as desperation and horrow reflected his expression.

Zeref smirked then chuckled.

"Begging? I thought begging would mean falling down on your knees while crying and begging like lunatic hoping for my mercy?"

Without hesitation, Natsu throw away his gun and fall down to his knees.

"Please, stop. Don't kill her. I'll give you everything if that's what you want. Just, please give her back to me" Natsu said in total submission.

He can do anything as to stoop down so low and beg for mercy just for her.

For his Lucy.

Then two sound of bullets escaped through the thin air as Zeref shot Natsu. It hit his stomach and a scrape to his arm.

Lucy flinched at the scene.

Zeref laughed to hard.

"...Stupid! You successfully owned the title most stupidest person alive!..."

Zeref didn't know Gray gave Natsu his gun and he hide it in his back.

"L-Lucy..." Natsu said in stutter but he can be heard clearly enough. "... The day you asked me to choose between you and my brother, I didn't choose any of you because you are both dear to me. But now, I'm certain. I choose yo—"

"No!!" Lucy shouted in almighty.

Natsu quite taken aback on what he is about to perform.

"You don't have to choose. I'll be the one to make the choice..." Lucy replied in dejected tone as she smiled sadly on Natsu. 

She have planned all of this and already made the decision from the time she knew he has come to save her.

All of this happened because of her. Because of her past and the big gap between them.

All of a sudden, Lucy took a step backward and push Zeref together with her off the cliff.

"LUCY!"

Worst nightmare is yet to come.

Thank y'all for tunning in 'till the end!

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE
MEET THE QUEEN

~Sayōnara
Scardylol.out