Catch me I'm falling.

"Luce!"

Natsu run hastily towards her scared of what might happen if he'll not gonna be right there on time.

"Luce!" he shouted the moment he arrived at the place panting.

Unknown silence enwrap the atmosphere with too much emotions lingering beneath the cool breeze of the air. Natsu was about to talk when Lucy beat him.

"When I was a kid I almost got drown by the sea luckily mother was there and helped me. From then I always hated seeing sea because it reminds me of that very moment... b-but I most hated it b-because it reminds me my past parents especially my
m-mother..." Lucy explained shuttering. Little did she know that tears are already flowing down her cheeks.

Seeing her right know, the fragile Lucy he wanted to see and to protect. Natsu doesn't know what to feel. He wanted her to see like this very vulnerable but at the same time not. Lucy were about to stepped on more time that made him shock and take an action.

"Your mother will be very proud having a daughter like you..." he honestly said with a sad smile.

The sobbing abruptly stopped that made Natsu to continue.

"...and I am very glad that I met someone like you Luce" this made Lucy turn to him unbelieving that for the first time she didn't see his face an annoying piece of smug she wanted to erase but she felt  something good that is wrong. Very wrong on her opinion.

"Will you catch me when I fall?.."

Natsu were puzzled at her statement and the next thing was the least he expected. As fast as a blink of an eye, Lucy freely jumped off the cliff as a soft splash of water sounded right after. His eyes widen by surprise thinking what gotten into herself acted aggressively and without any second thought, he also followed her jumping off the cliff.

XOXOX

Lucy jumped off the cliff out of curiosity of this weird tingling feeling inside her. Before Natsu arrived, she already planned on jumping off the cliff with the other reason but he came and ruined everything as planned just like how he manage to survive every attempt she tried ending his life. She's having her new life out from the dark life she was before and killing him would be very easy. Sadly, it is not because it's him. The one she made promised with and the one who made her confused of her own feelings everytime.

The air bubbles are slowly escaping out of her mouth as she slowly goes deeper into the sea. She didn't even tried to save herself but instead she gently closes her eyes waiting for this weird feeling to subside just like her at the moment.

Suddenly, she heard the splash of water comes after and the last thing she remembers are a strong firm arms wrapped around her waist pulling her closer and a soft heated lips sealed against hers. She opened her eyes out of the intensity and heat it gives off towards her body through the kiss and were astound by the figure before her. She was taken back a bit baffled whether to fight back or give in. But it looks like the second choice held her off guard as she returned the favor. She dig her hands through the man's hair while the other hand touching his torso and kissed him softly and tenderly that lasted for a minute before they stopped floating aloft gasping for air.

XOXOX

Natsu and Lucy are now back at the seashore both gasping for air as they lay down at the sand looking at the stars and thinking what on earth just happened!

A small hint of unwanted blush creep out on Lucy's cheek while Natsu smack his hand on his forehead contemplating why did he do it but deep down on him are screaming in joy thanking his stupidness this time. He was the one to break the ice.

"That was... unusual"

"I-indeed"

"Yet it feels good"

Natsu's expecting a cold silence or a smack in the head or a fierce comeback, he didn't expected the answer that comes after.

"Yeah. It is..."

He stiffed at his place debating whether he heard her right or she heard him right. Either way, he's too struck to find out. Lucy was about to tell more when a panicked call yells their names.

"Natsu! Lucy!" Gray shouted coming into view.

Natsu and Lucy stand up easily brushing some of the sand on their body already sensing the bad news that were about to tell.

"Come! The girls!"

As soon as they heard him they run goes back to the hotel and they were greeted by a scorching fire escaping at one of the hotel rooms that is coincidently on their floor. People panicking going outside with the hotel crew helping the people going out safely with firefighters are remedying the fire.

"What happened here?! Where are the others?" Natsu burst.

"We were having a dinner when a loud explosion escaped and then screaming and panicking occupied outside the room. We are about to go outside when the waiters serving us attacked with more allys then they kidnapped the girls alongside while we were fighting them. Loke and Jellal are cooperating with the police while Laxus and Gajeel are following the bastards" Gray said explaining everything.

"What?! Where are they now?!" Natsu asked clenching his hand into a fist. Before Gray could answer Laxus and Gajeel arrived with a car.

"Hop in before they got lose!" Gajeel shouted from the passenger's seat while Laxus is on the steering wheel. Gray and Natsu hop in the backseat. Lucy were about to follow when Natsu stopped her in doing so.

"What? You're gonna leave me here?" Lucy unbelievably asked holding the door of the car.

"Luce, not now. Stay here for your own safety." he replied simply.

"But they're also my friends!"

Natsu give her a look of worrisome and... fear?

"This is for your own good" he gently said before getting inside the car and leaving her behind.

Frustration rising up on Lucy's head while furiously stomping her feet on the ground and crossed her arms in annoyance.

"No one can tell me what to do and not to do..." she stubbornly said. She held out her phone and dialed a number.

"Hello?.. Cana where are you?"

~Sayounara
Scardylol.out