Awaken

Days and nights passed by so easily and there's no way Natsu wouldn't make time to visit Lucy every now and then. It's been three days since she was shot and she's still not opening her eyes much to their dismay. Natsu and the gang started attending the school and even though he wanted to stay all day to watch over Lucy, the gang insisted most specially Erza. However, they come up with a shifting basis to whom are going to safeguard Lucy. Since Natsu had an early dismissal, he took the shift today and were taking the elevator of the hospital with basket full of fresh fruits on hand.

As he arrive on the floor, he stormed ahead towards Lucy's place but as soon as he entered the room, nothingness greeted him. He put down the basket on the table and searched on the mini rooms in hope to find Lucy but none.

He hurriedly searched outside and asked a passing nurse.

"Excuse me Miss. Have you seen the patient here in room 408A?"

"I'm sorry sir but I'm afraid I don't"

He wondered around the hospital with distress in search and thought of Lucy. He couldn't help himself anymore if he won't be able to protect Lucy once again. Before, he doesn't understand this feeling he felt. He thought that this feeling is just the same feeling he had with his friends. He never thought he'll experience this feeling once more. He wished this feeling will fade away in time. But the harder he tried to hide, the harder it struck him even more. Now, he's certain. Now, he understand this feeling.

He stopped on his tracks as he saw what he's been searching and thinking. His troubled heart started calming down as  he saw her safe and sound, standing still on the hospitals' bridging area.

"Luce..."

Lucy heard him and stared at him with annoyed face.

"I told you not to call me---" she trailed off mid-sentence as Natsu enveloped her into a big comforting hug.

"Luce. I thought I'd lost you again"

Her eyes widen in shock. She's annoyed by his non-stop pet calling her but she's more annoyed by herself that she's actually liking how it sound. An unfamiliar curved formed in her lips. She was about to smack Natsu's head when he catch her hands on time.

"Got ya!" Natsu said while grinning from ear to ear. However, he didn't saw the incoming stamp on foot. "Ouch, ouch! What was that for! Luce"

Lucy chuckled lightly and started walking forward with her dextrose stand. "That's for handcuffing me back on the island. Now we're even Natsu"

"Okay, I think I deserv--- Wait. Did you just call me by my name?"

"You're talking nonsense Natsu." Lucy announced smiling discreetly. Natsu on the other hand, smiled triumphantly while following from behind.

XOXOX

"No"

"Huh? Why?! What else do I have to do?"

"Say please and maybe I'll consider"

"W-what?"

"You know what I mean Luce"

Lucy bit her lips in deliberation. "P-p-plea-pl-fuck! Why do I have to ask permission to you!"

"It's because I am your guardian at the moment and when I say no, it means no"

"Heck! I said I'm already okay! Can't you see? I want to go home now. Plus, I hate wearing hospital gowns. It's making me look weak" Lucy defended while trying to get up from the hospital bed. However, she stopped from resisting when Natsu suddenly came face to face with her. Her eyes widen in surprise and her heart were pounding really hard, she's afraid that if he'll come any closer, she can't control herself doing things she'll regret at the end. She just prayed that Natsu won't lean forward but much to her shock, he did.

"W-what are y-you doing?!"

He didn't answered but continued leaning forward while gazing intensely on Lucy whom on the other hand, leaning backward until nothing left to lean back on.

"Natsu!!"

He stopped on his action and they didn't say any word but only simply staring at each other.

"Your not weak. Your the strongest girl I ever met and with the most fascinating eyes too"

*Dug*Dug*

Lucy can literally hear the loud beating of her heart and the slow creeping of redness on her cheeks. She now this feeling before and even though she hate to admit it, her defenses are slowly giving up on it. One more move and she wouldn't know what she can do if she won't stop. Now. Though, she don't even think so that she would be able to stop this feeling.

"Move you idiotic pinky head" she said while pushing Natsu away. However, Natsu didn't move an inch but instead took Lucy's hand to his, still staring at her.

"Lucy, I---"

Suddenly, the doors burst open.

"What an 'F' are you two doing" Gajeel interrupted and were nudged by Levy.

"Lu-chan!!!" She acclaimed as she go straight directly towards Lucy and hug her. Erza and the others also entered the room with joy that are gleaming in their eyes.

Natsu hissed in dismay while looking dangerously at his friends' perfect timing.

"Lu-chan! We thought we've lost you!" Levy said with teary eyes.

Lucy were shocked at their welcoming presence after all they've known about her, they're still there for her. She never imagined that she can still find something that she can call her friends. Her eyes started watery but she stopped herself from crying out loud.

"I've told you don't call me that. But I'll let you pass" she said as smile escaped on her lips and gently patted Levy's head.

"We're so happy to know that you're okay now Lucy" Erza said.

"We left our class as soon as we got a call from the nurse. Unfortunately, someone intentionally forgot to tell us." Gray stated looking at Lucy then to Natsu.

"I wonder who'' Natsu said.

"Idiot" Loke murmured quietly.

"I heard you playboy" Natsu warned.

"It's good you hear. It meant just for you" Laxus said as a matter-of-fact tone.

"Were you all wanted to oppose your King!" Natsu exclaimed.

"Tsk! Oh, yes. The king with pink hair" Gajeel mocked that gained snickers from the group.

"It's not pink! It's salmon you metal head!"

Jellal facepalm at his friends and said."Here we go again"

The usual routine happened. The guys simultaneously throwing insults at each other. Laxus don't give a damn at all. Loke and Levy trying to stop them while Erza's trying to stop the bickering idiots. Everything is so fine. Looking like they didn't care about having a ex-gangster friend and encountered a life and death situation. Lucy can't help but to crack a genuine smile at how lucky she is to have them in her life.

'There's no place like home'

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE

~Sayounara
Scardylol.out