After

Frozen.

Natsu were frozen. He couldn't feel anything. He's numb. He's shock. He's mad. He's...

The sound of the siren nearby is no care for him. The roaring of the sea waves didn't give him any shiver. The fact that he's sitting at a nearby cliff didn't scare him at all. Even the pain from bullet shot on his body didn't give him greater pain he wanted to feel. And the rain that is now soaking him, can't wash away the mixed emotions he's feeling inside.

Everything happened so fast, he couldn't process everything at once.

As if it was just yesterday that everything is within his grasp. As if it was just yesterday that everything seems so perfectly imperfect. As if it was just yesterday that he feel overly happy and contented. Now, all of it are slowly fading away to a dark abyss. He feels like he's breathing but choking inside.

He feels like he has lost everything.

"Natsu!"Erza shouted from afar with others following behind.

The back-up was right on time to give them a helping hand on their situation. Zancrow choose death than facing his punishment and so he get it.  Everyone is safe and sound, all except...

"Nat—" she was cut off by Gray blocking their way.

"Gray-sama! You're hurt!" Juvia commented with concern as she go beside him in comfort.

"I'm fine. It's just a scratch. No need to concern yourself Juvia, I am truly fine" Gray reassured her and smiled gently at her.

"Gray, move. Natsu needs us. We need to get him out of he—" Erza said.

"Ahm, where's Lu-chan? I didn't see her anywhere" Levy asked that caught everyone's attention. Then their eyes were widen in realization.

Gray looked down feeling bad.

"Yo! Where's Lucy!"

"She's... she's... Please, let us Natsu be alone. He... He need some time to think" Gray said in slow.

Everyone is silent and too shock.

As rain continue to pour down heavily, Natsu continue to feel nothing and stare at the ravaging sea. The sound of the sea continue to hunt him down as same reflection of the same person flashes through in his mind.

Her intriguing and enigmatic eyes that simultaneously glaring at him but behind those glare is a mask of pure and concerning eyes for him and her friends.

Her smirk from every now and then that scrutinizing every action he made but underneath that smirk is a bright rare smile that gives of a warm feeling.

And her gentle and braveness when it comes down to the people whom she dear and care the most.

Everything about her hunts him down.

"I didn't regret meeting you..."

"You know what, I actually likes you calling me that..."

"I like you Natsu."

"This is for the best..."

"Until we meet again my King.."

Natsu cleanched his heart as it pained harder and much worst than the bullet shots he received. As the rain begun to pour harder, he felt something wet streams down on his cheeks. When he touch it and feel it, he didn't know this is how it feels and looks like.

Tears.

Tears that flows out when the heart couldn't endure the pain and sadness it bears. The only way a broken heart could express itself without telling a single word. A heart full of unfinished business and unspoken feeling to the person that is now gone.

Tears continue to flow down from his cheeks involuntarily. He continue to clench his heart until the sound of heavy rain and the sound of his mourning heart cry in unison.

"Why... Why did you left me. Why didn't you stay. Why didn't you let me protect you. Why did you choose to let go. Why didn't you... choose me?"

These questions run around his head over and over again until he was lost in his own cry of agony.

"WHY?!!..."

VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE
MTQ.

2 CHAPTERS BEFORE END
Will the King meet his Queen again?

~Sayōnara
Scardylol.out