Truth and Lies

They arrived at Scarlet's Villa and entered the mansion where everyone is impatiently waiting for them. They were greeted by worried looking expression.

"Lucy!" Levy shouted and dared to hug her best friend. Lucy was surprised at her action.

"Natsu. Gray. Are you alright?" Erza asked. They nod in response.

"We're also fine. Thank you for asking" Gajeel said in sarcasm.

"We don't care." Loke mocked and the both of them had a glaring contest.

"Did they followed you here?" Jellal asked in concern.

"No. They didn't." Laxus answered. Jellal sighed in relief.

Everyone is quite satisfied that they are still alive and all fine. But, that exclude Natsu who can't help but to be bothered.

"...Know that everything is fine. Would you care explaining this matter now Luce?" Though Natsu is bothered, his tune is still soft towards Lucy. He eagerly needs explanation.

"Natsu. There's a lot had happened today and it's already late. I think it's better to discuss everything tomorrow and let's call it a da---" Gray was being cut off by Lucy.

"Okay. If that will make you happy" She said.

Yes. Everyone is tired, exhausted and shocked but Natsu is correct. They also need to know the truth and to clear their minds about everything. Everyone's attention is now on Lucy.

"...My parents died in a car accident when I was a kid. My said family relatives should be the one taking care of me but sadly nobody wanted me. I was weak and in pain that time that's when I was kidnapped to join children trafficking. In there, I learned to steal in order to survive living. I realized how unfair the world is leaving such innocent souls with no choice but to obey..." she trailed off despise remembering her sour past. She looked at the eyes of the people around her. There's only one word to describe it. Pity. But, she should stay strong and be calm. In fact, they shouldn't pity her because she is not who she is right now if it is not because of her dark past. May it be good or bad. It doesn't matter anymore. What's more important is the present.

"...Gang war happened leaving us nothing but kittens trembling in deep fear in the corner. A new family recruited us and this time it's even harder to survive. We can't run nor escape for it is our cursed destiny. At first, it was perfect even though our deeds are not. We commit sins but with reason. It was happy. I was happy and loved. But didn't I know, I was only used as a killing tool for another party's desire. I couldn't take it anymore so I left my past for good. Kinana and Cobra are the only friends I have and in order to avenge, they cornered them in assassinating the Konzern Family which is not true. I owned the crime and fortunately the police didn't saw anything that will point me as the criminal, I was only called as the suspect and sentenced to study at Magnolia Observatory Boarding School. Seeing how I improved and how weak their evidences, they released me and let me enrolled to your school for better path ahead. Now, the gang know my current location they will try everything they could to get to me. Dead or Aliv---"

"That's why you think running away again will make you free from them? How about us. Do you even think how we will feel about hearing all of this?!" Natsu cut her off saying those words with a hint of anger. Lucy was surprised at his sudden motion.

"Lucy. Your not alone anymore. You already have us now. We're friends right?" Levy said with positivity. Everyone looked at her with reassuring expression that they got her back.

Weakness.

'And that's why I need to get away from all of you as soon as possible' she thought to herself.

XOXOX

Half of the group already take their rest leaving Natsu alone at the balcony wondering at the moon thinking about everything that happened today. The atmosphere are filled with thin cold air and there are no stars available. It'll going to rain sooner and he doesn't plan on going inside in any minute now.

"Can't sleep?" A voice from the back echoed getting beside him with two bottled beer on hands.

"Stripper. Why do you have to be an irritating dog who can't bear but to always follow your master. If I don't know you, I'll definitely tell your a gay..." Natsu said as he recognized the voice even without looking at the person.

Gray snicker and handed him a beer. "It's unfortunate relief that were childhood friends. And if I will be a gay, I will never pry on you dumbass"

They both smirked on each others while taking a sip on the beer. A moment silence escaped afterwards. Gray lean on the balcony's railings before started talking.

"...You know what, some things are better off kept inside the box than pulling it out like a thread from it's needle.." Gray firmly stated. Natsu froze from drinking and look at him.

"Are you saying that hidding about her past is reasonable"

"I'm saying that she must have a deeper reason why she hide the truth from us..." He further explained. Natsu stared blankly at him before looking away and take a sip. "...Natsu. She needs us now and the best thing we can do is to trust her"

Natsu thought about what Gray said to him. He maybe right but even if how hard he tries convincing himself to believe, he feels like there's still something Lucy didn't tell him. Something's missing and he don't know why.

XOXOX

Heavy rain escaped outside making a cold atmosphere. A gentle yet alerting knock occupied Lucy's door making her stood up from her bed. She opened the door to be greeted by a warming smile.

"Do you have a minute?" Gray said. Lucy were stunned for a moment before opening the door freely for him to enter.

Little do they know a pair of intriguing eyes are watching them from afar.

Gray walked inside her room and opened the curtain to watch the scenery rain. Lucy locked the door from behind and walked beside him who have an amazed and relaxing expression.

"You love rain, don't you?"

"Yes. It's giving me a warm feeling" Lucy responded.

"Natsu said it right. That you love rain. But, is it true or it's also a part of your big lie?" Gray spat. Lucy froze. She knows that Gray knows something about her but she didn't expected that he will confront her right away.

"What you said earlier about your life is just half of the truth. I know Cobra and what he did on Natsu's car. I know you're the one behind the bombing. And I know that there's something between you and Natsu that happened from the past. He had an amnesia that's why he will not remember anything... Would you care tell me nothing but only the truth Lucy? You can trust me"

Lucy stared at him in the eye seeking a hint of untruthfulness but nothing. She turned back and take a deep sigh. Maybe it's time to share the truth to someone.

Or maybe not all of it.

~Sayounara
Scardy_lol.out