Masquerade Ball

As the sun began to descend and the chill of the night slowly arises, guests and well-known conglomerate high officials are slowly entering the party's venue with their designated outfit matched with customized masks to fulfill the night's theme, a masquerade ball. Natsu together with his older brother greeted the fellow guests as they entered the gathering hall. As he continue to plaster a smile, he cannot help himself but to wonder about a certain blonde he dears the most.

'It's almost time. Where is she?'

As the night goes deeper, he's can't calm himself as anxiousness for tonight overwhelm his feeling. He needs comfort and that's only be given by the person he treasures right now.

"Natsu, compose yourself. You should smile and not frown in front of the guest." Zeref cut off his thoughts of anxiety.

" I'm sorry brother. I'm just..."

"Anxious? That's normal. Perhaps you'll calm down when your girlfriend arrive. Botherless, she will come."

"I can't hide anything from you brother, huh! But that's just not the problem, I'm a bit confused why do old man held this kind of a big party. He's a party pooper."

"...You will know later with a bang..."

Zeref left a smiled to his brother before approaching some high businessman. Natsu wondered what he means by that but didn't pry more nonetheless.

"You look terrible amidst your attire for the night lover boy" Gray suddenly said out from nowhere.

"Shut-up ice princess. I'm not in the mood to start a fight"

"Hmmm. Can't picture that the almighty king, himself will be so tensed without seeing his Queen even just for a day" Gray mocked.

Natsu just hissed towards him and glare.

"Anyways, I saw Erza earlier and she said everything went right from their dress hunting. Guess, you'll just have to wait and see" he said and patted Natsu's shoulder for some reassurance.

The music played signalling for the start of the opening party. Natsu made himself busy with the guest and as much as possible stay away from the hunting gazes of ladies wanted him to be their dance. He also want to dance but he wanted his first to be hers. His first and last. The party was on its peak and the last dance were about to begin still no familiar face he wanted to see shows. After talking to a random business man, Natsu excused himself and silently made his towards the liquor area.

"Tequila please" Natsu ordered and sigh. He was too spaced out that he didn't seem to notice someone sat beside him.

"Here's your order Sir"

Natsu nodded.

Before he could touch the glass someone beat it for him.

"What the—"

He was frozen and dumbstruck.

"Stop staring idiot. You look like a fish out of the water."

"Luce?..."

She look at his direction and smirked.

"Aren't I so handsome?" She teased.

Lost of words Natsu simultaneously close and open his mouth until he realizes the whole situation.

"Why are you wearing a suit?!" He shrieked in disbelief.

Lucy just smiled amusingly. This is the reaction she wanted to see out of him. She's enjoying this and an idea popped out of her mind. She leaned in towards him like a man and tucked Natsu's hair behind his ear like girl.