Change of Heart

Natsu and the Kings entered the room. He checked on Lucy's place and gladly she's already there sitting erect while looking outside. They sat on their usual place.

"Natsu. I heard you attended the business masquerade ball yesterday, I thought you hated it?" Gajeel interrogated.

"I don't have a choice. It's my old-man's decision. Gray were also there"

"Really? You were also invited Gray. Why didn't you tell me! It's my chance to meet sophisticated classy ladies" Loke boast in dismay. Gray mockingly smiled at him. 

"I'm sorry. I have my own personal reason. Maybe next time.." he reassuringly boasted.

"Erza will be there next time. She'll end your desires even before you can actually do it" Gajeel unsupportedly mentioned. Loke pout in annoyance.

"Speaking of Erza, where is she?" Loke asked.

"She's with Jellal and other SSG's in an urgent meeting" Laxus explained.

"Still! I'll make it happen next year. I'll definitely attend that party." Loke burst with all of his flirtatious heart. 

They continued opposes Loke's dream and that exempts Natsu himself whom staring intensely at Lucy. He still believes that he danced with Lucy last night even if Gray told him that it's too impossible and they also checked the guest list but no Lucy Heartfilla name attended the ball. He walked the nerdy student behind Lucy's chair and gestured him to leave his chair. The student immediately followed scared for his life. Natsu sat behind Lucy's chair cross arms with his feet on the table. He coughed a couple of times to catch her attention but it's useless. He changed his position and softly plays on her golden locks but it's still no use. Desperate, he strongly kicked the bottom part of Lucy's chair, realization hit him and felt the pain after what he did.

"Ow.." he murmured. Lucy smiled pitiful. In a second, their teacher arrived.

"Good morning sensei!" The students greeted.

"Dragneel what's with the face and why are you sitting there?" Their teacher asked in confusion.
The Kings also watched him with confused looks especially Gray.

"What's with my face? I look handsome as usual and I sat here because I don't feel comfortable with my chair. As a teacher, your priority is the student's convenience and in my case I don't feel the convenience at all.." Natsu confidently explained. His teacher is irritated as usual on his arrogance and sighed in defeat.

"Make yourself comfortable then"
Their teacher started his discussion. Natsu didn't listen because all he's thinking is how to get Lucy's attention. He saw a sheet of paper and snatch his classmates' ballpen. After writing, he crumple the paper and throw it on Lucy's desk. She open the crumpled paper and read it.

'Hey. Are you avoiding me?' Lucy read carefully and wrote something as she passed it to Natsu.

'Am i?' He hissed after reading. He replied and throw back the paper at her.

'Don't answer my question by another question!' She smirked.

'Then stop questioning!"

The routine continued until Loke noticed their pass-the-paper thingy.  He motioned to Gray.

"Hey, what kind of relationship do you think they have?" He curiously asked. Gray felt a bit of worrisome and suspicion as he watched them silently from afar.

'...Where were you last night?' Natsu started and passed it on Lucy.

'At my place. Where do you think I went last night?' She wrote. Natsu read the reply and were quite unsatisfied.

'Really? 'Coz I think I just dance with you last night and I am really sure about it...' He throw the paper on Lucy's desk but it was too strong that made the paper bounced to the floor beside their teacher's table. Natsu widen his eyes in realization. Their teacher didn't noticed the paper, for now. Their teacher were about to motioned to his students when Lucy suddenly stand up gaining the attention of everyone.

"Sensei! May I go to the restroom?" Everyone snicker at her action.

"You don't have to disturb the class if you want to go to the comfort room. You may go..." their teacher lectured in disbelief.

Lucy walked through and skilfully kicked the paper out of the sight and exited the room. Natsu smirked in amusement. Minutes later, the bell rang.

"Class dismiss"

"Hey, Natsu! Where are you going?!" Loke asked as Natsu leave them behind.

"I have to do something. Don't wait for me" he reassured waving a hand on them and continued walking.

Natsu find Lucy and saw her sitting under a tree while reading something. He approached her and sat next beside her.

"Have you read the paper?" Natsu simply stated. Lucy throw the paper at him.

"Think about this, how can a common people like me can go to a prestigious ball you attended. Your imagining things Natsu..." she replied and trailed off after realizing what she said. Natsu were surprised and got closer at Lucy's face meeting her in the eye.

"Did you just call me by my name?" He happily burst. Lucy was frozen at the moment and pushed him away feeling uneasy.

"Y-you're just hearing things Dragneel..." she defended.

Natsu smiled heavily and rested on the ground while looking at the movement of the clouds.

"I don't know why but I like the way how you say my name Luce"

Lucy stared at Natsu's delightful expression and her eyes became watery. She can't do it. She can't.

Click. 

A loud explosion boomed inside the academy and all the students were alerted. Natsu startled and trace the coming of the sound with Lucy following behind. They ended on a parking lot where Natsu's car are being parked. His car is burning on fire. The Kings and the SSG's also showed up.

"Natsu. Are you alright?!" Erza asked feeling worried.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm not in there when it happened" Natsu explained.

"Definitely. This is a planned out bombing..." Jellal inspected.

"Whoever did this wanted Natsu dead." Laxus said.

Everyone is furious and anxious at the same time. They are worried for their friend the fact that it isn't an ordinary attack but a tremendous one especially in public place like in there school. Natsu couldn't believe this is happening. He hold on to Lucy's hands tightly. She tried to resist but failed seeing the shock expression of Natsu. She unshielded her tough barriers and melted to Natsu's hands. She let him hold her, the least she can do in return.

I will be glad if you VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE MTQ pumpkins!

~Sayounara
Scardy_lol.out