Queen meets Queen

The gang gathered at the busy crowd of the cafeteria. Though others may have seen the gathering of the elites a usual thing, today seems a little bit different as the arrival of a certain person will turn the tables upside down.

"You look different Lissy! You become even prettier than ever!" Loke started as a playboy as he is. Laxus nudge his feet from below the table as they sited in front each other with Natsu and Lisanna on his side and Gray and Lucy in front of them accordingly.

"You better watch your mouth boy. You do know whose sister you are flirting with" Laxus reminded him as Loke gulp in response knowing exactly what he is trying to say.

"Mira-nee and Elfman-nee aren't that scary you know''

"Yah. They're totally scary and overly protective when it comes to you" Natsu murmured remembering something from the past and a sudden cringe he felt as he remembered it still thoroughly. Lisanna chuckled by this as she also remembered that time.

Lucy glanced between the two as they converse within each other. The murmurs around them are true, they look perfect for each other. Suddenly, she feels uncomfortable.

"So Liz, why didn't you say you'll come back. You should have at least notified us in advance. Erza and Jellal would be very much delighted to welcome you if not only because of their SSG's duties." Gray explained.

"You pretty know me Gray, I like surprises! Plus, it'll be no fun if I spoil you the dessert before the main course" Lisanna replies with a wink.

"You never change"

"Ahh~ People change but it'll up to that person if she's willing to cope up with it or remains the same..." Lisanna paused a little bit before sneaking an arm around Natsu's arm and smile delightfully at him as innocent as she can muster. "... and I sure know that my taste still remains the same."

For a split of second, Lucy surely saw that Lisanna cast a menacing discrete look towards her direction as she said the last statement as if giving her a cautious shot.

"Anyways, let's save the interrogation of me later. I am curious about you guys! How are you all? I heard quite interesting rumurs about you..."

Natsu snicker about this while sipping his lemon juice still unbothered of Lisanna's arm on his. "I didn't know you believe gossips now Liz"

"Oh well, I'm more of a 'to see is to believe' person. So I wanna see it myself''

"...You can always ask'' Natsu said nonchalantly.

"Not saying" Lisanna said while smiling mischievously at him and in return he lightly pinched her puffy cheeks in which she pouted heavily and gently massaged her reddening cheeks. Everyone chuckled except one.

Lucy felt unease at the moment as if it was her first time again within the gang. Seeing everyone is quite occupied and entertained by their long-lost friend, she wonders if this girl is truly what others says she is. Sweet, kind and bubbly kind of a person. There will be no problem to start a new chapter of friendship if this is the case. But then again, a flashback of the menacing look from earlier given by the very same person right in front of her made Lucy put up all her defensive walls intact. She encountered different people who may look so good from the outside but cunning and deceiving straight to the core.

"It looks like you all are enjoying my taunting me, huh. But am a bit curious..." Lisanna trailed off gaining the attention of everyone in the table. She and Lucy meet eyes. "...Have I known you?"

"I don't think w--..."

"Oh, yes. I remember now! You're the murderer I saw on the news" she casually said in high spirit while smiling innocently at her.

Even though the hectic and always busy cafeteria is nothing but silent. There was a heavy silence after that as if there's an intense sensation that surrounds the table of the gang. Like a kill zone in a battle, one wrong move and you'll die. The defensive walls that Lucy has been setting up, in just a snap all crumbled down so easily"Lisanna!! Take back what you have said!" Natsu demanded also shocked like the others. He glanced at Lucy to see her reaction but it only made him speechless...Gray were squeezing Lucy's hand gently in comfort... The fact that she let him touch her hands the very simple gesture he couldn't do made him boil in silent madness.

Natsu clenched his fist from below the table and little does he know, Lisanna noticed his change of mood.

'hmmm... this is very interesting'

"Ahmm...Lissy, I think you get it wrong hahaha..." Loke laughed awkwardly.

"Lisanna, she was accused, not guilty." Laxus added.

"...The incident with the Konzern Family is a case closed already and Lucy has proven her innocence amidst all the accusation. The court dismissed her being the main suspect thus, she is now studying here in our school to follow her dismissing order and live an ordinary life as it should be, right Lucy?!" Gray said while smiling reassuringly at her.

"..I.." Lucy has been cut off

"But you have killed someone, haven't you?" Lisanna questioned with the same mood as ealier. Lucy flinched.

And even before the guys could reprimand Lisanna, a humorous laughed echoed the vey awkward and intense atmosphere of the group. It is as if nothing serious had happened.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Am just kidding, of course I am..." Lisanna excused between her laughs. However, her menacing eyes does not reflect how sorry she is as it strongly stared at Lucy.

"Lisanna it is not a good joke at all." Natsu said but she just pouted excitingly at him.

"I already said sorry okays~"

"But sti--..."

"You're no fun at all! Anyways, I am pleased to finally meet you, Lucy Heartfilla" Lisanna said while extending her hands for a handshake.

Lucy was hesitant at first but how dare she make fun of her! She, herself does not back down so easily to anyone or anything. At all.

"Me too, Lisanna. I am pleased to meet you" she sternly replied not breaking the staring contest they have been doing ever since their eyes meet.

"I'm sorry 'bout the joke. It's my bad. Hope it didn't get into you" she said with that sweet innocent smile of hers.

"It's fine. Am use by it. Hideous jokes as that does not affect me at all." she said with a smirk. Anyone but only she saw the twitching of eyebrows at Lisanna's sweet façade.

Little does anyone knew, after the handshake ended the mood were never much better as it becomes heavier and intensified. Lisanna was about to retort not until someone beat her.

"Lu-chan! Why did you left me be—OH MY GHAD! I-i-is that you Miss Lisanna Strauss?! I'm a fan! I admire your fashion style and all! Gosh! I'm so happy to meet you! Can I take a picture with you?'' Levy announced in delight with Gajeel by her side whom greeted the others with 'Yo!'.

"Sure. Why not'' Lisanna said while smiling cheekily.

Everyone calmed down as the arrival of the two. It looks like they have forgotten the awkward feeling earlier as the mood becomes light and bright again. Lucy glanced at Lisanna in silent; cheeky smile that could light up any mood, expressive big round eyes, friendly attitude and aura that speaks innocence. An overall beauty that can fool and enchant anyone at first glance but not her. The moment she set her eyes on hers she knew, she doesn't like her.

AND she can feel it that the feeling's mutual. 

'The game is on!'

Stay tuned for more!

SAYOUNARA~