His Queen

As the fresh breeze of air softly touches her skin, Lucy inhale and exhale a deep breath as she once again step at the sanctuary of her parents. It has been her annual tradition that no matter how hard her current state is, she'll always free her day and remember this hateful day where her life totally changed.

Wearing a yellow floral dress and a big black hat that covers most of her face. She walked through the sanctuary with bouquet of sunflowers.

As she arrived at her destination, she gently lay down the flowers and took a step backward to have a full view for the both graves.

Little Lucy cheekily run towards her mother with a surprise on her hands.

"Ma!"

"My little princess, where have you been?!" Layla, her mother asked with a gentle smile.

Lucy then surprised her mother as she give her a sunflower.

"For yah..."

Layla smiled feeling touched by her daughter's action and mouthed a sweet 'thank you' and a kiss in the forehead.

"Lucy, did you know the legend behind a sunflower?"

Lucy nod a disagreement to her mother.

"What ish it Ma?"

"Legend says that if you give a person a sunflower, that person will treasure you and will always remember you even the sun won't come out. So when you want someone to treasure and never forget about you, then give them a sunflower!"

"...Wow, That ish cool. So you will remember me always Ma?"

"Of course! I will. Afterall you are my one and only princess!" Layla said as she tickle Lucy who gives small squeaky laugh.

"I will also give Pa a sunflower then!" She announced.

Layla giggled at her.

"Go ahead or else Pa will be mad at you for not giving him one."

Lucy smiled cheekily as she ran back to the garden again to pick a sunflower.

She feels nostalgic all of a sudden.

That memory is still fresh in her mind even if it's already been 12 years that it happened. A lot had happened in her life that drastically change everything she used to believe when she was little. She's stronger now, that is for sure. However, there's this empty space in her heart that she kept no matter how strong she would like to appeal herself. Though she tried to neglect this kind of feeling, as a matter of fact she's desperate to feel it.

Love.

That feeling of having someone to care for you when everything around you is falling down. That feeling of acceptance no matter what you did. That feeling of someone wanting and needing you. All of those attachments she knows that she can't have. She want it.

If only her past would allow it.

She knows pretty well that there's no doubt of danger if she continue to be selfish and be close to the people she cared the most. She can withstand the emptiness she feels in her heart for as long as she can guarantee the safety of her love ones. Until then, she needs to be strong and have patience.

"Ma. Pa. I wish you never forget about me because I'll remember you always."

She turn her heels to take her leave and continue life when she come face to face to yet another reason why she needs to be strong.