Worst Nightmare

"LUCY!"

Natsu instantly get on his feet and ran the fastest he can to save Lucy.

"Lucy!"

He get a hold on Lucy's hands.

"Natsu..." Lucy whispered in shock.

"What the hell's wrong with you! Don't you dare let go of my hand. Hold in tight, I'm here for you!"

Natsu tried to push Lucy up but someone weighing them down.

"You are a crazy woman!" Zeref said from below whom holding into Lucy's lower half.

Zeref smiled devishly while Natsu glared at him hard.

"...But both of you are stupid." He said as he tried to climb up to survival.

"Hey brother!..."

Zeref smirked hearing Natsu and looked up. Little does he know, a surprise is waiting for his demise.

"Wha—"

"Who's stupid now. Goodbye"

And he was shot to dead. He fell down below where he immediately engulf by the roaring tides of the sea.

"Now hold unto me Lucy. Don't ever let go of my hands!" Natsu shouted.

He tried to pull Lucy once again but the stinging in his stomach is not making him easy.

He itched in pain.

"Stay with me Lucy. Hold my hands tight. Backup is coming. You'll get out of this in no time. Trust me" Natsu reassured trying to hide the pain he's taking.

He should stay strong right now. There's no place for weakness. Especially it's his loving possession he's fighting for.

"Lucy stay with m—"

"Natsu. Do you remember the bomb attack in your car before?"

Natsu was puzzled at her sudden question.

"What are you talking about?"

"It was me. I did it because it was my mission. I was supposed to kill you for me to get released from my past. You are the key..." Lucy said quitely as she stare at the sea below her.

Natsu was speechless.

"My past is the worst nightmare I can't ever let go and killing you would be easy. But I can't. You may not remember it at all but, I made promise..." Lucy trailed off recollecting the time she made her promise.

"... A promise that I'll see my King once again. I'll be by his side, protect him with all my might and to never let go of him. And that King is you Natsu. You are my King even before you call me your Queen..." Lucy said heartily as she looked up to see the mixed reaction Natsu's giving.

"You're one of the best thing that happened to me. May it be accident or fate. I don't care. As long as I can see you happy and safe I am contented..." She stated sadly as the tears of joy and sadness mixed together and turned into tears. 

Natsu were frozen whilst staring at her crying facade. He wanted to envelope her arms around her, calm her and kiss her endlessly to stop her sadness but he didn't. Everything is still in shock to him.

"Maybe it's for the best that you couldn't remember a thing about me before. Maybe I shouldn't have come back to you and meet you again. Maybe this all happened for a reason. But, I didn't regret anything that has been done." The tears stopped falling but she still smile with sadness.

"I didn't regret meeting you..."

Natsu was being back to reality when Lucy tried to let go off her hands from his.

"No! I won't let you! I will never forgive you if you do that Luce! I will never!"

Lucy chuckled lowly.

"You know what, I actually likes you calling me that..." She flashed a thoughtful smile this time.

"I like you Natsu."

Natsu were taken aback at her sudden confession. The words are so simple yet it lays a deeper and strong meaning for him. Words he hoped he'll hear one day, suddenly comes in but with a greater sacrifice.

"This is for the best. Until we meet again my King.."

Lucy let go of her hands and forced Natsu let go his.

Fast like lightning, the last thing Natsu could recall is the roaring of sea wave taking away his Queen.

VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE
MEET THE QUEEN.

~Sayōnara
Scardylol.out