Chapter 37

Madison

"Finally, did you guys buy the whole store" Jay huffed as he helped us with our bags.

"Did you guys start already?"

"Yeah and gabbi go look outside by the pool"

"Why" she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Don't sass me" he thumped her on the head. I rolled my eyes and left them to squabble while I went to the kitchen.

"Hey there you are" Sofia dropped baby sky into my arms and poured herself a glass of wine.

"Don't just drop my baby like she's damaged goods" Raven glared at her.

"Rae pour your friend a glass of wine please"

"How was your little shopping trip?" "It was nice. I always love spending time with gabbi and recently it felt like we haven't been as close"

"That's because nates in the picture and she's going to be spending more time with the both of you"

"Yeah I know and I love our little family but I definitely should make gabs and my shopping trips more of a regular occurrence"

"You're a good mom" Rae slid the glass to me on the counter. "Now give me my baby so I can feed her and put her down for a nap"

"Have at it" I handed sky to her and she walked out of the kitchen. I grabbed my wine glass and gulped it down. "Damn now I know why nate keeps you around" sofia chuckled and I shot her a glare in response.

"It's been a minute since I had a glass of wine you moron" I poured me another glass.

"By all means get drunk and you already we got gabbi covered in the safety front"

"Who was jay talking about?"

"What?"

"He told gab he wants to show her something by the pool"

"Oh our aunt and uncle are here with there children so jay figured gab makes some friends in the process"

"Oh jax and Jay's mom and dad are here? Does nate know?"

"Nope and he's probably going to be pissed buuuut it will be funny"

"Is angry nate really funny though?"

"Yeah he's like Red Ross"

"Red Ross?"

"You know Ross from friends?"

"No?"

"Damn" she shook her head before walking out leaving me puzzled.

I took my glass and headed to the backyard where everyone was standing around and having conversation. I'm surprised jax and Jay didn't join nate with that mysterious meeting.

"Maddie?" Karen smiled before rushing over to me embracing me in a bear hug. "Hey" I smiled into the hug.

"How have you been? When did you and nate finally get back together?"

"I've been good and nate and I have been together for a year now"

"Oh that's amazing lovey" she squeezed my cheeks. One of the good things that came with being in love with nate was his welcoming family. My mom always treated me like a friend and a fake friend at that so when we moved to London and I met nate. His family welcomed me with open arms.

"Mom stop she's not a kid" Jax pulled his mom away. "She's my kid" Karen protested making me chuckle.

"Wait till Eliza hears that your trying to take her daughter" Uncle Thomas chuckled before hugging me.

"Happy your back, kid"

"Happy to be back" I smiled up at him.

"Okay people now that we've been reunited can we just drink?" Jay yelled into a microphone. Where did that idiot get a microphone.

"Excuse me?" Karen gave him the famous mom look.

"And that's my cue" he sat the microphone down and speed walked over to me. "You are such a mommy's boy"

"No I'm not" he rolled his eyes. "Do you regret coming back to London?"

"No. I thought I would but I'm surrounded by people who don't dispise me"

"You talking about cruela?"

"That would be an insult to cruela"

"Oh maddie you poor traumatised child" he sighed before throwing his arms around me and laying his head on my shoulder.

I watched gabbi run around with Jay's brothers. She looks so happy here. I know nate told jay to keep me occupied since the twins haven't left my side since he left and I love them for it.

"Jax!" I yelled making Jay's head shoot up. "Damn woman" he rubbed his ears.

"Sorry, I need a refill"

"Oh no problem" he took my glass and walked back inside.

I took a picture of gabbi playing and sent it to nate. I know nate has a meeting but I hate the fact that he hasn't messaged me yet.

"Why did you scream bloody murder?" Jax huffed.

"It's fine. Jay has got it handled"

"You saying he's doing a better job that me?"

"He was here when I needed something" I shrugged and I watched as he's jaw ticked in annoyance. One thing probably all twins have in common is being competive.

"You're still doing a great job though" A patted him on the shoulder but he just swatted my hand away. "Don't pity me woman"

"You will get the next one"

"You already know that sweetheart" he winked before walking away. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

I walked back inside and went up to the bedroom when my phone started ringing and I saw it was nate. "Hey mama"

"Hey, how's your meetings?"

"Just finished one bout to head somewhere but I'll be home in 5 hours"

"Okay, gab is playing downstairs with your baby cousins"

"What?"

"Karen and Thomas are here"

"Why are they in my house?"

"Don't be mean"

"They kicked the twins out what makes them think they can come in my house?"

"That was a long time ago"

"Whatever, I'll see you later"

"Okay"

"I love you"

"I love you too" I hanged up.

"Aww so sweet" Raven walked into the room. "It's rude to easvedrop"

"Im your best friend so I can do what I want"

"True"

"Nate still has beef with his family?"

"Yup. I honestly don't understand why he can't forgive them"

"Is it me or is this giving serious deja vu?" she chuckled making me shove her playfully.