Chapter 45

Madison

It's been three days and I'm still sick as ever. Gabs birthday is today and she is coming home in an hour. I haven't gotten out of bed yet since my side is hurting all over.

Nate hasn't been home since he put me to bed three days ago so I didn't have the energy to go to the doctor without him. He decided to go take care of whatever business deal he had and that gang that tried to kill him.

"Mads" I heard a knock on my door before Raven and Jax came in.

"How you feeling?"

"Not good, my side is killing me so much"

"You need to go to the doctor and check this out"

"No, I'll wait till nate gets back home"

"Did he message you today?"

"Yeah said he will be home before gabbi is here"

"Well gabs party is all set up so you don't have to worry about that"

"Thank you guys" I pulled them into a hug ignoring the pain in my side.

"You're welcome so get your ass up and into a nice hot bath" Raven lifted me gently from the bed. "A little help jaxy"

"Sure" he came over and helped raven take me to the bathroom. I had no intention of fighting them off since I knew that was going to be a loosing battle. "I'm going to bring you two pain tablets so jax run her a bath okay?"

"Yes ma'am"

Raven went to get the pills while jax ran the bath. I sat down on the chair and just watched the water fill the bath till jax snapped his fingers in front of my face.

"Maddie, I'm worried" he kneeled down in front of me and placed his hands on my thighs.

"Im fine"

"No you're not"

"I just need this bath then I'll be okay"

"So you have no clue as to why you've been like this?"

"It could be food poisoning"

"What did you eat?"

"Shrimp, tacos and I can't remember the rest"

"You sure you're not pregnant" he joked before he did a double take at my face. "You take a test?"

"Don't"

"Madison"

"No"

"Madison"

"No"

"Maddie"

"What?"

"Want to take a test?"

"No thank you"

"Here you go" Raven walked in with pain tablets. "No you can't drink those" jax tried to grab it but I put it in my mouth.

"Why can't she drink the tablets?"

"She could be pregnant"

"What? Since when?"

"Remember the closet? I don't remember them being safe"

"Do you guys even use condoms?" They looked at me and i just shrugged.

"Nasty" Raven shook her head.

"Can I take my bath and get ready for my daughter's birthday"

"Fine, who is going to pick gabs up from school?"

"Her father" I sinked into the bath water and the pain in my side started to lessen.

"We'll leave you alone" they walked out and I was left to my thoughts. My hand drifted to my stomach. Could I be pregnant from what happened in the closet? I need nate home so that I don't have to face reality about this all by myself.

( Jax's pov)

"Do you actually think she might be pregnant?" Raven asked as we walked down the stairs.

"Yeah, what else could it be?"

"No idea, she said it could be something she ate"

"She's deflecting"

"After what happened with Carson, I don't blame her and she needs time to grieve which she hasn't done yet"

"We wouldn't know how those two dealt with their baby dying"

"Right, let's leave this talk for after the party since its gabbi's day after all"

"Totally right" I nodded before we went our separate ways. I found myself attaching balloons to the doorway and put a wooden unicorn on the porch so gab would be even more excited.

I heard my phone ring, I saw that it was jay so I picked it up. "Hey bro"

"Hey sweet face" Jay cheesed over the phone making me roll my eyes.

"Where's nate? I need to speak to him?"

"We're waiting for gab"

"You guys are in London already?"

"Yup, did you miss me?"

"Let me speak to nate"

"You didn't answer my question"

"Let me speak to nate"

"Answer"

"Fine! I miss you too"

"Aww, i love us"

"Give him the phone"

"Fine, squidward" he grumbled before I heard nate's voice on the other end. "Maddie is not doing well"

"What happened? Is she okay? Who did it? I'll kill them!"

"Woah calm down, she's sick all the time and she doesn't have any energy just doesn't seem like our maddie"

"Careful" he growled at the 'our' maddie.

"Im serious nate, she doesn't want to go to the doctors or anything of the sort"

"I'll take her tomorrow morning first thing and get this sorted out"

"Okay" I ended the call and made some finishing touches on the decorations.  "What's the situation with the dog people" I yelled as I walked out to the backyard.

"In the box with holes for ventilation" Sophia patted the box pleased with her work. "We got the breed right?"

"Yup, rottweiler"

"Great"

"Gabbi is definitely not a normal kid" maddie's dad chuckled as he looked around at the decor.

"Well she is the only little one in the house so she deserves everything" Sophia said picking up the pup box and putting it with the rest of her presents.

"Where's maddie?"

"Getting ready"

"Still?"

"Yeah, raven is helping her with whatever she needs"

"She's still not doing well?"

"Nope"

"I heard a car pull up, I'll go get maddie" Raven yelled as she popped her head out the sliding door before disappearing again.

"Okay people time to be incognito" I yelled as I hid behind a bunch of balloons. Sophia hid the kids behind the presents and the adults were behind the bar.

I peeked and saw maddie and raven come through the sliding door and I pulled them over to my hiding spot.