Chapter 09

~Madison

"How have you been since the whole nate coming back thing?" Sophia asked as nate walked out to get gab ready for school.

"I've been better"

"Are we okay?"

"Why wouldn't we be?"

"Well you left without saying goodbye and it made me feel like we weren't that close"

"I was thinking clearly and I was all high on emotions"

"I get it but you got Damon to support you"

"He gave me a ride to the airport, you weren't home soph"

"I just wish you could've called, I know nate is my brother but I would have been by your side through this whole thing cause I still think of you as family"

"Thank you, soph" I hugged her when Nate came in with a sleeping Gabi on his shoulder.

"Is she actually sleeping?" Sophia looked at Gabi's sleeping form in amusement.

"Yes"

I gave him her lunch and her bag. "You coming with?"

"I have a meeting with that Italian woman"

"What? I don't want you near her"

"I don't have a choice it's my job"

"Is it cool if I just-" Sophia took Gabi from him and walked off.

"You need to give that case over"

"I can't"

"Do you want to get killed?"

"It's my job; this wouldn't have been a problem if you didn't enter our lives"

"Wow fine I get right out of your fucking life"

"Fine, fuck off then"

"I miss the old Madison"

"Yeah well she's dead, buried her a long time ago" He shook his head and walked out. Fuck!

I grabbed my things and sped to work in anger. When I entered the firm, people were walking around holding case files, coffee, doughnuts etc...

I went to Damon's office to see if he's still mad at me only to find no one. Great...

"He had a baby appointment with raven" I heard Dustin's voice as I walked out of Damon's office.

"Oh well is the baby okay?"

"Probably, I haven't heard anything yet"

"I had a morning" I sighed as I headed to my office with Dustin trailing behind me. "Why? What happened?"

"Nate and I argued yet again"

"You two need to go to therapy cause obviously talking to each other isn't working out"

"No thanks"

"You know you guys could co-parent and then you could give someone else the chance to love you"

"Who would that be?"

"Someone you've known and you get along with well"

"You mean you?"

"No, i have a girlfriend" okay then...

"Then what?"

"Madison" the Italian woman named Ida came into my office, interrupting my weird conversation with Dustin.

"Dustin, will you excuse us please?"

"Sure" he got up and left.

"I had your case handled"