Chapter 49

Madison

After we got gabbi her coffee she completely forgot that she was balling her eyes out. We were back at the house. Nate left cause of the mole thing while I sat by my dad in the living room.

"So food poisoning?"

"Yup"

"Why are you lying to me child?"

"Dad" I groaned.

"Im leaving in a few hours, make me happy"

"Okay fine. I'm pregnant"

"I knew it" he chuckled before pulling me into a hug. "Please don't tell anyone"

"Why not?"

"I don't want to jinx this"

"You and the baby will be fine"

"Babies" I corrected and dad looked at me wide eyed before smiling so hard I thought his cheeks would implode.

"Dad, I need to talk to you about something serious that happened a few years ago"

"Oh god. What happened?"

"After nate's dad died, he went to a therapist and they slept together"

"That's abuse" Dad frowned. "My words exactly, nate didn't seem to think so"

"Yeah, sexual abuse gets overlooked in men. Did you report her?"

"Yeah I did. I don't need her anywhere near gabbi after what nate told me"

"Good call, you need to speak to nate about this"

"He brushed it off earlier so not sure how I'm going to talk to him about it"

"You're having babies. How do you feel about that?" Dad reached over and placed his hand on my stomach. I smiled.

"I'm happy that I get to share this with nate after everything we've been through. I'm just a little scared something might happen to the babies or even nate"

"We won't let anything happen to you or those little ones. I doubt anything could kill nate. He's escaped things I can't even imagine"

"Yeah but with this mole thing. It just has me on edge"

"He has so many people by him that he can trust for all we know the mole could be one of the guards"

"Still a shit situation" I sighed.

"Hey hey hey" Jax and Jay ran in and sat down on the couch.

"What are you two up to?" I looked at them amused.

"We accidentally woke up sky so raven is currently looking for us" Jax shrugged.

"You two are dead meat" Dad chuckled.

"We always are" jay sighed.

"Alright. Time for me to go" Dad got up. I got up as well and walked dad to the door. "I wish you weren't going"

"Me too but i will be back to finalise the firm"

"Okay. I'll tell Damon about it"

"Okay" he kissed my forehead and walked out. I waved as dad got into his car and drove off. I closed the door to come face to face with Sophia and raven.

"Hey?"

"What did the doctor say?"

"Food poisoning" I shrugged.

"Aww. I thought for sure you would be pregnant" Sophia pouted in disappointment.

"Yeah, you deserve it" Raven added.

"I guess" I shrugged.

"Right, let's go pour some wine" Sophia grabbed our hands and pulled us to the kitchen. She poured us and handed the two glasses for raven and I.

"My doctor said I need to keep my system clean for the minute"  I went over to the fridge and grabbed a bottle of water.

"Fuck him, he won't know"

"No, I'm good"

"Damn, you really going to follow doctor's orders?" raven chuckled. Fuck fuck fuck someone save me

"I am starving" Jax strolled in looking down at his phone . Raven glared at jax as he moved around the kitchen looking for food.
"There's food in the fridge"

"You're an angel"  he looked at me gratefully before heading to the fridge and taking out the food I made this morning.

"I smell lasagna" Jay and gabbi ran in.

"It's like they're twins"

"Im standing right here" Jax looked at raven hurt.

"Sorry" she shot him an apologetic look before going back to drinking her wine.
Gabbi came and sat on my lap while jay poured him a glass of wine.

"No juicebox?" Sophia teased.

"No sex life" Jay shot back . Sophia glared at him while I put my hands over gabbi's ears. "My child is here" I scolded jay.

"She started it, mom" he pointed at Sophia.

"Shut it, fatso"

"You bodyshaming my brother?" Jax turned away from the food to look at Sophia disappointedly. Sophia sat there gaping at the two twins. You can't fight one twin without the other one butting in.

Raven and I started talking while Sophia tried to redeem herself with the twins."Aunt raven, I have a question"

"Let's hear it gab"

"Chocolate cake?"

"Was that really a question?"

"Very much yes" she nodded.

"Fine, I will buy you chocolate cake"

"Love you" gabbi singed before sliding off my lap and running off to find biscuit.

"She's such a character" Raven chuckled.

"You want to go sit by the pool?"

"Yeah let's go" she grabbed her wine and we walked to the pool. We each sat on the hammocks and talked about life and shit. "You happy being here in London?"

"It's been an adjustment but Damon seems really happy with all the family."

"Are you happy?"

"Yeah I am. I have a bunch of people who love me and keep me entertained" she chuckled.

"Im guessing you're talking about Jax and Jay?"

"Yeah, those two are a comedic duo"

"My dad said that he's going to open up a new firm in London"

"What?"

"Damon and I get to have our old jobs back that's if he still wants it"

"Do I get to be employed?"

"Of course. You can be my personal assistant" I joked and she playfully smacked my arm.

"You, Damon and I will go through it side by side" I reached out and held her hand.

"We have really come along way. From moving to London on a whim. Meeting those two idiots and fell in love with them. Now we're here with kids and all ready to be married" she grinned.

"Marriage" I sighed.

"I can't wait to get married. Skyler making her arrival sooner that I thought she would put a delay in that plans"

"She just wanted to meet her perfect parents" I winked.

"Yeah I suppose"