Chapter 44

Madison

Nate got me my food and I ate half of it before we stopped at the therapist.

"I need a chocolate shake"

"Why are you eating so much? You anxious or something?" he looked at me concerned.

"I'm just hungry"

"You want to sleep in the car while I go get gabbi?"

"No, I'm fine"

"Come here" he lifted me from my seat and put me on his lap. He started rubbing my belly in circles. I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes. "Let's get gabbi"

"You okay?"

"Yeah" he got out of the car with me still in his arms. "Put me down, people are staring"

"Fuck them" he put me down as I turned around, he smacked my butt and i glared at him.

We walked into the building and went over to the office where gabbi was in. Nate opened the door and we saw gabbi sleeping while the doctor was writing down notes.

"She fell asleep?"

"No just closing her eyes and telling me what goes on in her mind"

The doctor snapped her fingers and gabbi's eyes popped open. I took nate's hand and squeezed it. "Hey French fry, you good?"

"Yeah, let's go" she rushed over to us.

"Okay"

"I'll let you guys know about the next appointment"

"Can we know what you guys were talking about today?"

"Sure, have a seat"

"Here, I brought your ipad" I handed it over to gabbi and she sat down on the couch again. "Gabbi, she's very outspoken and confident but what happened to nate has her a little scared and traumatised. She told me that her chest feels hollow when nate leaves the home or you do"

"Hollow?"

"Could mean she's scared something might especially after you got shot"

"Well what can we do to ressaure her?"

"It will take her a moment to overcome her fears so just be there for her and make sure she understands that you guys aren't going anywhere"

"Will do"

After the talk with the doctor, nate grabbed gabbi and we walked out of the building. "Gabbi, we have a little surprise back at home"

"No way" she looked between us frantically.

"Yes way but your going to have to wait and see"

"What is all of this" she looked at the back to see all the stuff for her birthday.

"Don't look, that's for Friday"

"I saw a unicorn" she squealed as she tried to jump over the seat to get to i but I held her firmly in place. "You're going to have to wait till Friday"

"Aww" she pouted in disappointment.

"What did you guys talk about, French fry?"

"About dad leaving us, dad getting shot, losing Carson and almost loosing you mommy" she traced my cheek.

"You know we are not going anywhere right?"

"Yeah but your going to leave me eventually"

"We would never" Nate frowned.