Chapter 29

Nate

"Jax , start the fucking car" the twins turned their heads to me in confusion but came over to the car in a rush.

They got in the car while i got in the back with Maddie who was barely conscious.  I let my men deal with dustbin and bring him to my safe house cause i have a special slice of hell for him.

"Can you fucking drive faster!"

"What happened to her?"

"Stray bullet hit her side and she's bleeding out"

"Press on the wound" jay handed me a rag from the glove compartment which was clean if you were wondering.  I pressed on her side while i examined her face . "You're going to be okay" i kissed her forehead.

"I don't feel good" her tears streamed down her face while she gripped my hand . The fear evident in her eyes.
"I love you, amore" she smiled.

"I love you too"

"If you have to choose, choose our baby okay?"

"What no?"

"Nate please"

"I'm choosing you always"

"Do it for me okay"

"Madison i-" i couldn't get my sentence out when her eyes rolled to the back of her head .

"Maddie" i shook her but she didn't respond.  "Madison" i held onto her body as tears started forming in my eyes and i just let it fall.

"We're here" jay whispered but i didn't let go of her body . "Is she still breathing?"

I held onto her body tighter as sobs racked through my body.  "Nate, we have to get her in the hospital or any chance of saving her is out the window"

"Fine" i composed myself before carrying her body out of the car and basically sprinted into the hospital entrance. "We need a doctor, my wife's been shot" i yelled as people started looking at me.

"Help him" Jax yelled pulling out a gun as people's screams filled the room.

"Put it away" jay grabbed it and tucked it in his waistband.

A gurney was brought out and they took Maddie out of my hands and rolled her into some room. I went over to some chairs and just sat there. "You want us to take care of that dusty situation"

"Read the room shit face" Jax smacked him.

"Just leave"

"You sure?"

"Yes, go take care of my daughter"

"Okay"  they patted me on the shoulder before leaving. I sat there in the waiting room as people came in and out with their own emergencies.
I pulled out my phone and sent my mom a text to get Gabbi ready for bed since she has a early morning.

I got impatient waiting for any type of news and hours went by. I went up to the receptionist to ask in what room she is or if i can see a doctor.
Luckily her doctor pulled me away to talk privately.

"Is she okay?"

"Well in a sense, she was only 28 weeks pregnant so the baby is very fragile and there is a high risk that the baby could die" i guess she got pregnant the night she stayed over at my place. fuck

"What can we do to prevent it?"

"Well for now the baby needs to be under our supervision so you won't be able to take him home"

"It's a he?"

He nodded and guided me to her room. When we arrived, the sight of Maddie's bruised body made me even more angrier. "Will she be okay?"

"It's too soon to tell"

"When will i be able to see him?"

"Sure, right this way" he guided me to where all the baby's were being held. He had tubes attached to keep him alive. "What are the risks?"

"Since he was born extremely early there will be risks such as heart problems, brain problems and being born this early means that he only has a 10 percent chance of having long term health problems"

"Fuck" i groaned as i stared at our little baby boy knowing he's going to have a difficult time growing up. I'm going to kill Dustin.

"Doctor, there's a patient waiting"

"Sorry i have to go" Doc patted my shoulder and left. It's going to be a while till we can move back to London. I finally switched on my phone and messages came flooding through, some from Sofia, my mum and even raven? 

I called raven and she picked up immediately. "Where the fuck is Madison? She missed the birth of my fucking kid"

"She was kidnaped by Dustin and got caught in the crossfire and nearly losing our baby"

"What?"

"She's still unconscious and our baby is hooked up with tubes keeping him alive"

"Baby?She was pregnant?"

"She got pregnant the first night we hooked up at her place"

"Why didn't she say anything?"

"I don't think she knew"

"Oh, what hospital are you at?"

"She can't have visitors right now but i will tell her to call you when she wakes up, sorry that we missed your kid's birth"
"It's fine just make sure those two are all good"

"Will do" we disconnected.  I walked back to Maddie's room and walked in. I took a seat next to her and held her hand as i watched her sleep. "I will let you get your revenge love" i kissed her hand before settling in the chair and closing my eyes.